Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any News yet from the ATA show

Old 01-22-2004, 10:47 AM

Default Any News yet from the ATA show

Has any body got any news yet from the ATA show?

I am interested in the new Mathews called the "CopyCat" or something to that effect.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any News yet from the ATA show

the new Mathews called the "CopyCat"
That one had me rolling!
Old 01-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Based on what I've seen from then so far, they'd have to drop a pretty big bomb from their sleeve to get me looking their way in '04...
Old 01-22-2004, 02:29 PM

Rangeball,I'll second that!!!!.Bob
Old 01-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Certainly not living up to the "Catch Us If You Can" motto, huh?
Old 01-22-2004, 06:05 PM
BB9

I have to laugh at you guys. You make it sound like Mathews will be lucky to be in business by this time next year. You/we all know better than that. I happen to think (as does/will many thousands of people) that Mathews has "done it again". MQ1shooter, is there anything positive you can say about anything? Most of your posts are negative. We all have opinions. Only some of us have open minds.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

You truly crack me up, BB9! I can tell you don't follow much of my postings.

Of the thousands I've posted on these boards, I would have to say less than a handful have been of the negative slant. (Yes, that number would be correct; I've been around long enough to last through two or three crashes of this site.)

I would think some would find it refreshing that someone wouldn't blindly laud a manufacturer and their latest releases just because they happen to shoot one of that company's particular bows.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Well I didn't take the digicam.. so I apologize.. might take it one of the other days this weekend.

AR will have the 31,34,37 w/ a new cam and 1/2 along w/ the singles from last year.

New spott hogg sight is really nice!!! Aiming point moves up/down by twisting the rectical. Has 3 different lenses inside and actually bends the light. Also have a new sight light that mounts to the to 2 holes in their previous sights where the shade attaches. Saw Hoggler.. but he was busy w/ a vendor.

Shot the new Freedom cam Bowtech Liberty along w/ '04 pro40 dually. Then the shooting lanes got shut down before I got a chance to shoot the rest. And watched one of the guys shoot a "custom" dually at 358fps on the "high" letoff w/ 67# and 350gr arrow. They said he shot 362fps w/ the "low" letoff mods. Got to meet a bunch of the AT/hunting.net Bowtechies (Jeff, Bowtechshooter, MattPA, 500FPS, ect...) also which was really cool. Bows were all impressive

Also got to shoot the new Parker Phoenix 34 and 34 easy draw.. . both very nice bows.

Flex Fletch has a new 4" low profile vane for the IBO bowhunter class guys that have to have a 4" vane. It's about 1/2 the height of a standard vane.

Crimson Talon has a few new offerings this year. A 2 blade version of the normal head. A 2 blade cut on impact. And a 2 blade cut on impact w/ 2 additional mechanical blades. The blades are thicker on the 2 blade and cut on impact models.

Montec has a new broadhead that's 85gr and looks very similar to the G5... but the cut outs behind the blades are only cut on one angle for an airfoil type effect.. supposed to make it spin I guess.. And they've adressed the sharpness issue. They will come from the factory razor sharp now. They also had a nice new 2 blade model.

Also saw the new plastic vanes (forget manufacturer) that have a little air foil on the back that imparts much more spin than standard helical. You fletch them straight and they spin ALOT. One side had a bunch of little ridges that ran in line w/ the arrow.. and the other side was smooth. On the rear there's a little plastic airfoil. I'll try to get pics to explain it better.

That's about all I can remember right now off the top of my head. I'm sure others will chime in w/ their observations.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:52 PM
BB9

MQ1shooter, Just popped open a couple of threads besides this one to see what kind of feedback you have given. Not a lot out there to look at but in regards to "Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak" and "Mathews Outback" both were mostly negative.
Look at my posts. Should be easy as they are all fairly recent. You'll find while I have my opinion I am not a basher like you. I tend to give credit to all companies that make improvements in technology.
Its great that you think the MQ1 is the best thing since sliced bread. Lots of people agree with you, lots don't. To say the new bows whether they are Mathews or not haven't improved or are, as you say "a hodgepodge of other parts" is way off base.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

BB9, if you think that's bashing, you're gonna get your feelings hurt a lot harder here on these forums!

I'm sorry I didn't come back and spew superlatives after shooting the Outback, but I called it like I saw it: too much heft for my liking and too narrow a valley ... again, for my likes.

Seems a lot of other people felt that way after examining the bow first-hand. Makes me glad, though, to find out that that's what you call bashing! I thought I may have seriously offended someone.

Quick Reply: Any News yet from the ATA show

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.