Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any News yet from the ATA show

Old 01-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any News yet from the ATA show

I don't know if this bow is gonna make it to production or not.. they told me that it was a custom machined riser... I don't know if it's just a concept or someone just playing around w/ different designs. But it was pretty sweet!

Oh yeah.. forgot to mention that it was at like a 28 3/4 or 29" draw to boot!
Old 01-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ah, come on, 6 Fan:

The FX don't have the harmonic dampeners and the string suppressors!
Old 01-23-2004, 07:51 PM

Harmonic Dampeners = $25.00
String Supressors= $35.00
Opening your mouth before you know what's going on: Embarassing!!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 08:20 PM

All these Mathews shooters doubting Mathews, and how they made a big mistake, they are building on their bows, getting rid of the ones that are obsolete, that don't have the newer technology, some have not shot any, and they are already disappointed, yeah well you do not know how good or bad it is unless you have shot it!

You all expect TOO much from Mathews after all of these years, the reason the Liberty from Bowtech is such a big hit, is it is a brand new bow, you all think Mathews is going to come out with the perfect bow made just for you, well they don't! Mathews does not listen to the public that much, they are going against all the other companies, trying to match them or beat them, like Hoyt and the Vipertec, or Bowtech and the MM VFT!! Those are the companies they are going against, they noticed their SQ2 was outdated, and fixed that by making the Outback! Thank them for coming out with new bows! And go out and shoot them, then make your presumptions about the bow(s)!![:@]
Old 01-24-2004, 10:31 AM
CG

Mathews does not listen to the public that much
I agree 100%!!!![X(][:'(]
Old 01-24-2004, 10:33 AM

If you want to see some pictures of the ATA show go to bowhunting.net
Old 01-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

JeffK
Mathews does not listen to the public that much,
I'd say not at all is more to the point. Old Matt knows what's best for the public. And expects them to swallow it, no questions asked.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just to clarify about the BowTech bow (btw..nice BS'ing w/ ya Ken)...

It's a production BK riser (2004) unfinished (silver)..had some camo limbs on it. It's Kevin Strother's BK. He shot it several times through the whole show. By Saturday evening and some tweaking it ended up like this:

29.25" AMO draw. 69 pounds. 349.9 grain arrow. higher letoff (65%) mods:360 FPS. All measured/verified right in front of my eyes by Norb Mullaney.

55% modules shot 365 FPS.

Just for grins Kev took the point out of one of the heavier (425 grain arrows), and stripped some fletches, and ended up w/ a 300. something grain arrow. That shot 378 FPS.

Imagine what it would do with one of those 225 grain HCA arrows & a 30" AMO draw length ! []

And believe it or not, the bow was not overly loud.

EDIT: as an addendum, the production BKs we had at the shooting booth (29"/70s) shot 338-344 FPS all day long. They were not long either.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Imagine what it would do with one of those 225 grain HCA arrows & a 30" AMO draw length !
Thats when its time to take cover!!!
Old 01-25-2004, 06:03 PM

I was wondering if there were going to be any speed challenges at the show this year?? Doesen't sound like it huh[8D] Did anyone see any of the target colors from BowTech at the show?

Quick Reply: Any News yet from the ATA show

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.