Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any News yet from the ATA show

Old 01-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any News yet from the ATA show

Bashing?[]

Sounds to me like some guys actually have some ideas of the type of bow that they would like to be offered by one of the major manufacturers of archery equipment. Seems like the company isn't listening, or isn't offering what is wanted or expected, leading to disappointment.

Some manufacturers actually try to make an effort to find out what prospective customers want and would buy, while others have a more "This is our line, take it or leave it." approach. Actually, it seems like more manufacturers have the second attitude than the first.

Of course, they are all trying to get some of our $ to change hands.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

BB9:
I happen to think (as does/will many thousands of people) that Mathews has "done it again".
Done what? It seems the reviews are pretty mixed on the 04 offerings. Check out archerytalk and see what I mean.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:28 PM

A guy comes on, happens to own and shoot a Mathews, shows disappointment in the new line-up, and he is the bad guy?

Just because you shoot a certain brand of bow doesn't mean that you have to like everything that they offer.

I shot a BowTech MightyMite last year, I was the one that told Kevin that I would like to see a VFT version of the MightyMite. Well, he went and designed one. I shot it this year, and it was an improvement, but, I didn't buy it. It didn't seem like a big enough improvement over the standar MightyMite. This is just my opinion. I know that it is a great bow and that many many guys will like it, but it is MY OPINION!!!!!!! Just ask Frank what he thinks of his.

MQ1, I commend you for saying what you feel about Mathews new line-up. It shows that you aren't stuck on one brand and you aren't willing to praise everything the company does just because you shoot one of their bows!!!!!!

I havn't shot the new Mathews. I would like to, but I probablly wont. I am more than pleased with my BowTech and all of the Mathews that I have shot just didn't do anything for me. They are great bows, but they just didn't feel right, probablly due to the grip. From what I have heard, Phil is right, some guys love the new Mathews while others are disappointed. Each person has their own opinion!!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am interested in the new Mathews called the "CopyCat" or something to that effect.
...I think that would have been funny if you would have stuck just about any company's name in there....
Old 01-23-2004, 06:45 AM

I can't count the number of times I've seen on here and elsewhere: "The MQ1 was the best bow Mathews ever made". Or, "Nothing they make now compares to my MQ1". And even "Why don't they make an MQ1 with the dampers etc."
I think they did listen to what people were saying, figured out they could re-build (and maybe improve) something a lot of people liked and make money in doing so. The name even implies there won't be too much new and exciting about it.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

KBacon,

And watched one of the guys shoot a "custom" dually at 258fps on the "high" letoff w/ 67# and 350gr arrow. They said he shot 262fps w/ the "low" letoff mods.
Are those speeds misprints?
Old 01-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a big difference between bashing and being critical of a manufacturer. Once the difference is learned, there is a dramatic drop in the amount of bashing noticed.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:40 AM

Ok. Just saw a picture of it. In regards to my above post, keep the part about people liking the MQ1. In the second paragraph, change "did listen" to "didn't listen", cross out "maybe improve", but keep the part about making money.
At least I was right with the last sentence!!!!!
I gotta say I can't believe it, but it's true. It looks just like my buddies FX!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

PA.. damn I can't believe I did that.. those are supposed to be 358 fps and 362 fps. I guess I was soo shocked my brain still wasn't registering it correctly!
Old 01-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

those are supposed to be 358 fps and 362 fps.
That would be right I place an order for a Black Knight and they come out with something faster[:'(][:-]

Hmmmmmmm I wonder if my wife will notice if I sneak in another bow[:-][&:][8D]

Quick Reply: Any News yet from the ATA show

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.