Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

Old 01-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

Apparently specs were emailed to dealers this am-

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...threadid=53188

The Classic

36" axle to axle
7" brace height
3.6 pounds
ibo rating 310fps
draw length 27-31
draw weight 40-70
Max Cam
Harmonic Damping System
String suppressors
Old 01-22-2004, 09:15 AM

Default RE: Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

I saw that this morning, and for purely selfish reasons, I hope some of that is wrong. I was hoping for shorter ATA, and something different than the max cam, which I am shooting now. Maybe it has been updated/modified? The lower brace would be nice for me though.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:15 AM

for a 7" brace I sure want more than 310fps.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:54 AM
CG

YEEHAAA!!!!! I'll have to shoot it, but looks like I'm saving up for a new bow!!!!!!!!! 3.6 lbs. w/ all the bells and whistles.....I knew they could do it!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like they made it from a hodgepodge of parts from all the other bows they've already developed.

I think I'll still stick with the smooth-drawing characteristics of my Straightline Cam, and the higher brace height for only 5 fps difference.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:08 AM
CG

MQ1,
There will definately be a shoot-off between my MQ1 and the Classic when it comes time to buy. To make me part with my MQ1, the Classic will have to make me "tingle" if you know what I mean.

I guess when I saw Max cam, I thought they meant the Straightline Max cam. Right or wrong? I don't care for the draw characteristics of the HP cam.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I definitely know what you mean, CG. That's why I took my MQ in with me a couple days ago when I shot the Outback. I had a hard time telling the Outback was better, if at all, compared to the MQ. Would I trade even for it? Yeah, probably -- but I definitely wouldn't part with several hundred dollars to obtain one.

Maybe you're right; who knows? But Mathews has always referred to the MaxCam in their literature as the one used starting with the Z-Max, and on the Ultra Max, the FeatherMax, the FX... I know you know which one I'm talking about now.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:52 AM
CG

Yuck....don't care much for the cam on my father-in-laws FX.....
Old 01-22-2004, 11:01 AM

I don't know how many of ya'll know this .......but the original spec's on a MQ-1 were with a 7.5" brace height and an IBO 310 fps ! I saw an add back years ago that said it had a 312 IBO (& I believe it)! Mine is a 96' model and has a 30-R 70% cam. I was shooting a 400 grain arrow at 290 fps with it on 71lbs with a peep ,loop, catwiskers, and string leeches.
My Ultra2(w/loop,peep,leeches and 65% cam) hit 296 with the same arrows and my LX (loop ,peep, on 80%)hits 293 with the same !!

When Mathews dropped the spec's on the MQ-1 to a 308 IBO & changed the cam numbers to SL numbers a few years back......all the speeds I started hearing from folks were slower than mine (or a friend's who has one with a 29-R cam). His 29" MQ-1 would shoot 293 with a 355 grain arrow ......set up with catwiskers,peep, and 4 brass nocks !!

Anyway..........I think it would be easy to get a MQ-1 (or MQ-1 based Classic)with an HP-cam up to 315 and maintain the brace height !! But I'm not a bowyer either !!

To me .......the HP cam is a little smoother,has a better valley, and has a dead backwall(unlike the straightlines).

My big wish was for a MQ-1 with string suppressors ,new camo, and an HP cam..............that possibly would be my last bow for a few years !!!

Thanks for the info. Rangeball !!!
Old 01-22-2004, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the info,Rangeball.I was hoping for better news than that.They should of just left the MQ1 in their line-up.I was looking for the Classic to have the HP cam,36 ata,string suppressors,rollers,ham damps, at lease 7 1/2 bh,new camo,and somewhere in the 315-320 ibo.I'll just hang on to my LX until I can get a look see.Who knows,maybe I'll get another Bowtech...Bob

Quick Reply: Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.