Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

Old 01-24-2004, 07:02 AM
nmb

Default RE: Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

Just my opinion, but alot of people in my area sold their Feathermax's and wished they hadn't. It was a great bow and if it's back with some perks I think I will be a hit. I still have my Feathermax and use it for hunting. I went to an Ultra 2 (3 years ago) for a target bow drawing 56lbs getting 280fps out of it. I understand that this bow the Ultra 2 has or is going to be discontinued, that's disappointing if its true. Damn good bow! I still believe if it says Mathews on it, it's quality. I still have people trying to buy my old Feathermax, but I won't give it up. Give it a chance.

Nic
Old 01-24-2004, 01:02 PM
CG

JeffK,
Sorry man, but the pics from the ATA show the Classic with a regular carbon cable guard.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty sure that the roller guard is only used on the bows that have parallel limbs. There would be too much natural backward cable movement on the classic, with its straight riser and more vertical limbs.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. The slide will move much too far for the roller to work, without binding the cables.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:13 PM

That was the Classic, I sure think it should be more of a parallel limb design!
Old 01-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff K:

There is a picture on a thread over at ArcheryTalk.com. I'm not as savvy as others with how to post links and such. The Classic is much like the Feathermax, but it has harmonic dampeners and string suppressors. It has a straight carbon cable guard rod. It is NOT a parallel limb bow from the pictures that I have seen. I can't imagine that it is a bad bow in any way except that early indications seemed to point to a new upgrade of the very popular MQ 1, and that it would have the HP cam on it like the LX. This bow is not what many MQ 1 fans were waiting for, and that is probably why some guys are disappointed.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:05 PM

I like parallel limb tech, as on about half the Mathews to date, starting back with those vapour bows or whaever the were called. But on game, there aren't any points in it, and few in the field either. This style has certain looks and serviceability advantages, and potentialy lighter weight. I'm for it. I'd have to see everything else of course.

There are other brands like Hoyt that still use this general geometry, maybe there is someone who wants to have a normal looking bow, but want a Mathews too.