Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

Old 01-22-2004, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

It's a Feathermax/FX w/ vib dampeners and string suppressors.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:51 PM

It is just what I expected, I don't know why everyone is so upset, it is a great bow! "Don't judge a book by it's cover!!" You guys have not even shot it, and you say what a worthless idea, and trestand, they have used the HP Cam on the LX & Outback!! And PMantle, a shorter ATA when the said like the MQ1, they meant it! MQ1 is 37"! And I would not worry about the speed "speed is not everything"!!
Old 01-23-2004, 06:10 AM

JeffK,The ata of 36in. is what I'm looking for,but I would of really liked to of seen a 7 1/2 or better bh.What about the V-Lock system,or is this bow with their older style limb pockets?I am glad to see they reduced the weight by about a half pound.Look,I did'nt like the LX the first time I looked at it,but after shooting it,I sold my Patriot S-C to buy the LX.I'll check this bow out,and see for myself. Expectations are premeditated resentments,so maybe this is where I am without looking at this bow....Bob
Old 01-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think it is a smart move on Mathews part. The MQ1 was arguably their best/biggest bow of all time...at least in my experience personally and here on the forums. Reviving it with some new features sounds like a smart thing to do.

However, I agree that I would have liked to have seen one of the newer, rounder single cam designs implemented on it. What is the nock travel issue going to be like if it is the original maxcam design?
Old 01-23-2004, 07:08 AM

Man............disappointment !!!!!!!!!!!![:@]

From the looks of the picture and talk over at AT...........the Classic is just a Feathermax with the new stuff..........not a MQ-1 based bow !![>:]

Orig.spec's on a Feathermax : 36" ATA ,7"BH, IBO 310, Maxcam, weight.....3.2 lbs !

Ole Matt should sell about 2 of these this year !!

But I guess if he made a revised MQ-1 with an HP cam..........he might have cut too much into his Outback sales !!!!!![]

No revised Feathermax for me !!!!! [:'(]
Old 01-23-2004, 07:55 AM

I am also disappointed, but in reading more and more of these forums, it does appear that there are many who do not like the VFT trend in bow design. This bow will continue to give those folks an option. It is way too much like my Ultra Max to consider.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

in reading more and more of these forums, it does appear that there are many who do not like the VFT trend in bow design.
I wonder if this is due to aesthetics or performance?

Personally, I like the look, quite a bit.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

in reading more and more of these forums, it does appear that there are many who do not like the VFT trend in bow design.
I wonder if this is due to aesthetics or performance?

Personally, I like the look, quite a bit.

They were saying they did not like the look. Didn't one or two of the guys in the Champion/Bowtech competition say that? Maybe it was just that one guy that couls not stand the Bowtech.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:12 AM

I've owned about 10 mathews, and the ultralite was one of my all time favorites. If this is that, I say bring it on.

The MQ1 was my least favorite bow! I know I'm the odd guy out on that one. I got a blue 70/30, and just hated it.

I liked the Rival Pro through Conquest stuff a lot better.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's a pic of the classic on the main forum at AT.

Fugly was the first word to pop into my head when I saw it...

Quick Reply: Mathews Classic Specs sneak peak

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.