Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Axis through a whisker bisquit

Old 01-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Axis through a whisker bisquit

Would the standard carbon hole on the whiskerbisquit be the right size to use with the axis arrows dispite the loose fit?
Old 01-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Axis through a whisker bisquit

Well, apparently you have considered the Axis...

Yes. CAP says a little loose is fine, no flight problems caused by it assuming your bow is otherwise tuned...
Old 01-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah. I have considered the axis.But wonder if I would get the same performance out of the outsert carbons as i would the axis..
Old 01-21-2004, 09:57 AM
CG

My experience with the skinny carbons says no. But not because of flight. The problem I had with the skinny carbons (AFC 2400, Easton p/c, and Beman hunters) is falling through the whiskers when you draw. No matter how I drew the bow they would always fall through, especially with 125 gr. heads. IMHO skinny carbons and the WB are not compatible.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually shoot ACCs through the Aluminum sized biscuit, and I am pleased with the results. I also have a dozen Axis arrows, and bought an ICS sized biscuit to try out with them. I am really not shooting at any distance right now to tell you whether the ICS biscuit makes a positive difference or not.

As far as the Axis arrows falling between the bristles, I can only see that as a problem if the biscuit has been trimmed back quite a bit. I am shooting some old skinny carbons just for form practice, and using the ICS and aluminum biscuits with no problems at all. I have switched to a string loop, however. When I used to shoot without a loop, on the bows that I shot with no eliminator button, the arrows wanted to push down between the bristles on the draw. The problem was especially bad with biscuits that I had trimmed a lot. I suspect that he Axis may shoot a little better with an ICS biscuit, but that is just a guess right now. I will try to shoot enough this spring to get a definite answer.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:51 PM
CG

Joe,
Good point my WBs have always been trimmed.........
Old 01-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, but you shoot big Elk with yours!
Old 01-22-2004, 05:36 AM

The biscuits can be adjusted to fit whatever size shaft you are using. If you need to make the hole smaller, take the biscuit out and squeeze it together. You can clip a bit off the metal ring if you need to go smaller than normal.

When I trim my biscuits, I trim a bit less off the bottom of the biscuit. My vanes are positioned so they do not go through this portion. I haven't noticed anything negative with arrow flight, having done this.