Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Going to give Trophy Taker another try

Old 01-21-2004, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Going to give Trophy Taker another try

May I ask a question? How is the rest mounted on the riser? In that, I mean is it mounted toward the shooter so that the launcher arm can go to almost a horizontal position in the "down" state?

Or if you mounted it forward on the riser, is the the vertical adjustment high enough so that the launcher arm can drop down enough for proper clearance?

Just some thoughts- I have seen people set them up so that the arm never has enough room to fully drop out of the way....
Old 01-21-2004, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Black Frog, you know, thats something I thought about. It's setup so that the launcher hits the riser, but its pretty low come to think of it. I set it this way so that in the full up state, my arrow is centered in the berger hole. The tips of the forks are whats getting in the way. The launcher is tilted up ward some at rest. Maybe I'll readjust things tonight and see where it gets me.

The more I play with it, the more I do like the overall design of the rest. Thats why I'm getting a little frusrated. I want it to work!
Old 01-21-2004, 07:28 AM

Why do some people try to fix things that are not broken just because others say that a certain piece of equipment works fine for.... them, or invite problems just to be part of the "In Crowd?"

BTW, is this TT the rest that is so simple to install and tune?
Old 01-21-2004, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

pdq, give me about a week of playing with it. If its still not up to my likings, I'll take you up on the deal. But I think I'll get it figured out.

Navy, I did set the nocking point in the up position. My NAP shoots fine at 1/8-3/16 above square, which is where I would think the TT would like it as well. I set the TT all the way up to 1/4 and its still raising heck on the vanes.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

C903, yes this rest is simple to install. I just for some reason am having a little trouble, but its probably just something I'm not doing correctly. Many shooters here and at my shop are shooting this rest with excellent success and no upkeep.

Besides, what the heck else am I going to do between now and October?
Old 01-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

MM88-

Some people mount the TT back far enough so that the launcher falls completely behind the riser and never touches it. That creates sort of an overdraw-type of rest.

Me personally, I like my rests mounted directly above the pivot point (grip) of the bow. To do this with the TT, I had to slightly raise the vertical adjustment somewhat so that there was sufficient space for the launcher arm to fall. My arrow shaft at the full-up is slightly above the centerline of the berger hole. Vertical clearance of the launcher arm will all depend on riser shelf design of the given bow the TT is installed on.

C903-

Some people do like to tinker- not because something is "broken" but rather to play with new and different equipment.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:25 AM

Some people do like to tinker- not because something is "broken" but rather to play with new and different equipment
I know! And; the manufacturers thank them, the dealers thank them, and most of all; the deer, bear, elk, etc, thank them.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

c903:
Why do some people try to fix things that are not broken just because others say that a certain piece of equipment works fine for.... them, or invite problems just to be part of the "In Crowd?"
So which crowd is it you strive so hard to associate with? The "Out Crowd"? I see nothing wrong with trying new things. Some work, some may not. How will you ever know? I value the information offered by some people on here, and use it as a guide to help decide what I may want to try out. I see nothing wrong with someone saying a piece of equipment works fine for ....them. If I don't try anything new, I certainly can't say it will or will not work for me. If you're happy with not changing, maybe you're just happy in your oblivion. Try something new once in a while. It may make you smile.