Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hoyt bow prices????

Old 01-19-2004, 02:56 PM

Default hoyt bow prices????

are the price tag on the bow really worth it or are we paying for the name?? i bought a havotec last year 616 dollar loved it until two week in hunting season bottom limb came delaminated!!!!!!!! shoot three deer with but did not have any faith in it since limb broke i sold it due to that fact.. i shot a darton and the draw cycle is very similar to the hoyt cam and 1/2!!!!! darton make a nice bow but you dont hear much about them not like hoyt mathews bowtech!!! iam thinking about buying a darton any body else shoot them????
Old 01-19-2004, 04:41 PM

Default RE: hoyt bow prices????

I am surprised that happened. I too have a hoyt(magnatach); and it has stood up very well under many different circumstances.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am surprised to hear it as well. I have personally owned close to a dozen XT2000 Hoyt limbed bows and never had one delaminate though I suppose it could happen under the right conditions. It is too bad that you lost faith in them because of it as I think they make one of the finest bows around. Darton makes some great bows as well and their CPS system is cutting edge when it comes to the hybrid design.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed, I'm on my fourth Hoyt Bow with the XT limbs and never once had any problems. Their limbs are stout. No experience with Darton.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Limb failures are rare w/ the XT's but not unheard of. But I understand being soured by your experience. It's happened to me before with some brands.

Darton makes a very well built, accurate bow.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am with everyone else.It is very rare that a Hoyt xt series limb fails and they probably have the lowest fail rate in the industry but it does happen with ALL limbs,even the best from time to time.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

To the other part of the question.Yes,to some degree you do pay for the name but a company like Hoyt is one of the companies that does a lot of the research and development and some other companies can benefit from their hard work.But on the otherhand,they have built a reputation behind that name and it is worth paying for in some instances.

You also need to look at how much goes into a Hoyt tec bow verses other bows.There is twice as much machining and twice as much material so naturally the price will reflect that.

There is another factor,the retailer set the price you payed and not Hoyt.I know that cost on a Hoyt is a little higher than most but some retailers try to get rich off of one sale it seems.I can get Ultratecs in this area for less than what you payed for a Havoctec.

And Hoyt does offer lower end bows that are still excellent bows at a much more affordable price.More realistics bows and pricing for the average bowhunter out there.