Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My New Trophy Taker

Old 01-19-2004, 05:54 AM

Default My New Trophy Taker

I purchased my Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter saturday at Cabelas and had one of my local shops help me set it up on sunday. And man I'm impressed. The only reason I had the shop help me was that I don't have anything to serve the cable in. It only took about 15-20 minutes and I had it all dialed in. I thought the rest is very tough and not sloppy at all like Muzzyman88 Reported with his. I still have some tweaking to do with it but i'm very impressed I will have to take some pics and post them of it. I did place the arrow holder on the arrow shelf and i'm going to see if I like it, if not i'll rip it off. I really like the fact that I will no longer have to worry about my arrow falling off the rest. But overall Trophy Taker has one happy customer on their hands. If Trophy Taker's new sights are anything like the shakey hunter, they will have another winner.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:58 AM

Default RE: My New Trophy Taker

Amazing how simple the Trophy Taker is. Thats what most like about it. You will be surprised how it will help your shooting. Arrow holder works great.

You will be surprised if you shoud change arrow size. You will not hav to retune.

Congradulations, I have shot nothing else for two years now. Trophy Taker makes a simple rest that works well.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's I've shot one now for 3 years and I've no problem's with it I couldn't like a rest any better .I'm trying a Quiktune 3000 micro tune on my new BowTech Patriot dually this season. I'll almost bet by the time hunting season roll's around I'll have a new drop away on it as well, or maybe even the whisker bisquit .I like trying all kind's of new gear out for a while but I alway's buy something else to try out.

nubo
Old 01-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: okbwhtr
You will be surprised if you shoud change arrow size. You will not hav to retune.
This has been my finding as well on arrows of similar diameter. Hell I've been shooting a 2413 off my Liberty for grins and they are right down the middle. Only adjustment I need to make is lower the launcher to get the arrow centered down the berger button hole/s.

I've been really impressed w/ my TT Shakey. I'm not one to go changing arrow rests all the time (bows? yes. arrows? yes. But not rests). I shot GKF for years (Plat premier) then switched to the NAP brand. I did goof w/ a Trapdoor for a bit, but went back to NAP. Now, I think I'll be sticking w/ TT for awhile.