Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey Len....Darton question...

Old 01-18-2004, 05:31 PM
CG

Default Hey Len....Darton question...

Any word on what to expect from Darton in '04????? Anything radically new???? I'm about Bowteched and Mathewed to death......

BTW-Wyoming elk apps are due on the 31st.....
Old 01-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey Len....Darton question...

Not Len..but the 2004 Website has been up for about a week...where have you been?
Old 01-18-2004, 06:16 PM
CG

Well, I went to their site and didn't even know it had been updated.....guess they haven't changed much
Old 01-18-2004, 06:22 PM
CG

I just looked again and the Tundra looks cool but it still seems that the Maverick is still the class of the line......
Old 01-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Typhoon!
Old 01-18-2004, 11:03 PM

Patriot!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

The Darton website has been updated, but it was down for a little while,and then they got it going again, because they had to fix a few typo's.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:28 PM

The only one I've shot is the new Maverick Extreme. While it's slower than my Maverick Express, in the 80% let off stage, I do like its other attributes. Quiet, vibration free and smooooooth.

I will see all the models at the ATA Show this week. I'm seriously trying to find a bow I like better. I've been shooting the Maverick now for about 6 years. That's tooooo long to be hooked to one brand/model.

While at the show, I'm going to take a strong look at the BowTech Pro 40 (actually 38" ata) with the dual cams. I just wish it came in 80% let off.[:@]

I was also taking a very strong look last year at the Hoyt CyberTec. The only problem I have with the Hoyts is the 'Tec' riser. It's not the looks but the ergonomics. I can't shoot a left-handed bow right-handed. The 'Tec' portion of the riser blasts my left wrist when shooting the left-handed bow right-handed. What a bummer!!!![&:]
Old 01-20-2004, 12:21 AM

Hows come u do dat Len???[&:]
Old 01-20-2004, 07:21 AM

WWAG:

Because I can! [&:][&:][&:]

Really, it gives me an advantage over the deer. I shot right-handed for all my life. A few years ago I had to switch to left-handed due to eye dominance becoming more prevalent. For S&G I tried to shoot the bow with both hands - it worked very well.

The advantage is that I can remain seated in the treestand and shoot extreme left or right around the tree with minimal movement. I now have a release on each hand and have changed to a treestand that allows me to have a bow holder between my legs. It's a 'deadly' combination.

Sounds a little weird, I know; but, it works very well in situations where I can't move around. It sure does get a lot of attention when I demonstrate using both hands in the shop. Most can't believe what they see.

Quick Reply: Hey Len....Darton question...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.