Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey Len....Darton question...

Old 01-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey Len....Darton question...

Len, that's pretty wild... and neat! I'd of never thought of even trying that...

I assume you're form matches up on both sides. When you sight in, is there any special compensations you have to make? When shooting leftie, do you close your dominant eye? When you do, is the sight dead on?

May have to play with that this summer. Sounds like a neat trick to have in the arsenal...
Old 01-20-2004, 07:44 AM

On my one bow, I have to compensate by 'shooting out'. You'd understand if you shot this way. On my newer bow, while it did shoot better with either hand, I have compensated the cam to make the bow shoot in the same hole all the time no matter which hand I shoot.

When shooting right-handed, I have to close my left eye. When shooting left-handed, I can keep both eyes open.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

No wonder you kill so many deer ! If a deer comes in over my right shoulder hes in a shoot free zone . Half the time they get awat before i can stand and face their direction . You got it made len .
Old 01-20-2004, 05:29 PM

Hmmmm... maybe David should take some lessons from his huntin buddy

Let us know what you think of the Pro40. I tinkered around with the Pro40 Freedom cam when I got my Liberty and I was impressed to say the least. The bow is so stable and you can just hold it in the smae spot all day long!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

LEN,
When you switch hands what do you aim with?Do you have two sets of sights on there or what?
Old 01-21-2004, 10:23 AM
CG

jsacker,
The pins will be in the middle of the bow (centerline) regardless of left or right hand. Len told me he did this last year and tried it a few times. I got where I was pretty good with my left hand but it really isn't an advantage the way I hunt (on the ground) for elk and mulies. THe one thing I REALLY noticed when I did this is when I shot lefty it felt like my bow's draw length was about 2" too long!!! [] That was tough to get used to.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Am i safe to assume(you know what happens when you do that)that this will not work for someone using the NO-PEEP.