Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How many?

Old 01-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default How many?

How many people are hunting/w or shooting 60# bows, what kind of #'s, speed/ke are you getting out of them, and what brand/model are they? I've been looking into getting a new bow and was looking for some #'s from those who actually shoot them, these shoulders aren't what they used to be.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many?

My main deer hunting bow is a '02 Holt UltraTec set at 59#. I've shot ACC's for years with great success. This last year I switched back to Aluminums... 2314 SS Selects just for giggles and grins. They did great... flew well and are very straight. Heck, if they are good enough for ole' Chucky, I guess they will do for me. I don't know about the speed... never chrono'd them. Don't really care much about speed. I'll take accuracy and quietness over speed any day. Anyway, dead critters don't care either.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Spike

I have gone down to 60 lb bows. Alot more pleasent to shoot as I am getting older. With 340 grain arrows my mathews Legacy and Bowtech Liberty shoot 260. Mathews LX 278 all at 60 lbs. They all have very smooth draw. The LX has a little more vibtration. I suppose mainly due to more speed. They are all great bows. Lefse
Old 01-17-2004, 09:13 AM

I am shootin a 60# Martin Prowler SE. This bow's weight range is 45-60#. Istarted at 45# and worked up to the 60# because I lacked the upper body strength to gop right to 60#. The riser in the Prowler SE is pretty much straight up and down and the brace height is 8.5". I don't think it is a real fast bow. (The IBO speed for the 70# version is 290 fps.) However, what it may lack in speed, it makes up for in accuracy. It's quite forgiving.

I am shooting Easton Super Slams in 2315 aluminums.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

I was shooting a mt sport at 60# 28 draw, 369 gr arrow I was getting
255-257 ke-55 pd it will pass through a deer very easily.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies, speed really isn't a big issue, I just want something with good ke, I've been looking a some single cams so I can stay quiet but was thinking a DC may be the way to go depending on how much louder it is, the big thing is something easier on the draw when it's cold than my Mighty Mite.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:05 PM

I've switched down to a 60# bow.

Where I bought the bow, they figured using their video system that I'm getting around 281 speed, and with my Axis 400's, he figured the KE was 61.