Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got my Dually

Old 01-16-2004, 11:27 PM

Default Got my Dually

Picked up my Pat Dually '03 today.

When I picked it up, dealer had me try the bow with 29" mods, instead of the 30" he tried to get. He said he had rigged with 30", and it had some kind of weird string drag on draw. He said he talked to his rep at Bowtech, and they mentioned they had seen this issue with some of those mods.

So, I ended up with 29", and a loop.

Arrow length with that setup and an HHA TN1000 ended up at 28".

Went with the Axis 400 arrows. Got home and worried a bit that I should have had them ship in more mods to try, before getting arrows cut (cause I'm pretty sure that these arrows would only just make the prongs on the rest if I lengthen draw by 1").

Other stuff I slapped on the bow were an alpine quiver, and an HHA sight.

When shot at their video target, it put a speed of 271 up. But he said it is probably 10 fps slow since that thing is supposed to measure at 10yds, where I was shooting at 20 yds (or something like that). Anyway...it zips 'em.

I'll probably do a lot of dry draws just to see if I like the setup...and before I start target shooting with arrows I might have to work a deal on if I want to lengthen it.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got my Dually

Gee for a minute there I was gonna start jumping up and down cause my 04 black Knight has not arrived.
But seen that its an 03.

Congrats on the new bow I am still in love with my 03 Pat Dually and will probably never get rid of it
Old 01-17-2004, 05:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the new bow. Nice setup you have on it...and I am sure JeffB would love it as he uses a similar one from what I remember of our discussions.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope I don't have to wit too too long for my 04 Pat dually to come in . I'm glad to hear that there is a new Pat D/C out there I'll be watching this thread for more of your opinion's on this bow Congratulation's on the new bow.

nubo
Old 01-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carp..did ya weigh your arrows?

My 28" mod '03 (measured 28.75" due to a incorrect string length) at 71 pounds, and a 398 grain arrow did 294 FPS, w/ loop, leeches and peep.

For a 60 pounder I'd say you are right in the ball park if arrow weights are similar to mine (probably more like 276-278 FPS, If I were to take a guess)
Old 01-18-2004, 10:17 PM

I didn't...but the shop did weigh a complete arrow to do the math.

The only second thought I had on this deal was I wondered if I wouldn't have been better off getting the draw length to be 30" instead of 29" with a 1" loop. That would have given me an inch longer arrow (approx.) and if I read stuff correctly here, it would have given me more speed.

Like I said...I kinda beat myself up over this when I got it home because I don't know how they'd handle it if I said I wanted it to be a true 30" and need another dozen arrows... Don't know if they're gonna do a straight up trade when they've cut these to 28"

Don't get me wrong though. If it wouldn't really gain me much, the draw does feel ok set up like this. I had to shorten my draw (my old bow was 32") because that always felt too long...and was really a problem since I always shoot from a seated position in my stand.

Just my standard agonizing over any purchase I make

The shop did say they could get 29.5 mods... That would leave my arrows only hanging '5" over the rest...but maybe that would be ok too.

I think I just have to wait until I can really get out and shoot it a lot.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Carphunter what kind of arrow's are you using I'd have to check the length on mine but I'm sure I'll be close to that 28"s I would also like to know what your bith certificate tell's you about the speeds .I have a 2004 BowTech Patriot Dually on the way hopefully it comes soon,I'd just like to know so I can compare with mine when it come's .Also I'd like to know what you think of this bow as well.The riser ,the cam's , the camo, theshooting window and what ever else you can think to tell me about it .

nubo
Old 01-19-2004, 09:12 AM

They are 28" Easton Axis 400's. They are factory fletched with three feathers (I think 4").

I don't know that I have my birth certificate. THis was originally a 70# bow, and the shop got bowtech to give me 60# limbs to swap. so the original wouldn't have been correct for its current set up.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:18 PM

Well, after a lot of dry draws...I know I have to get this thing up to the full 30" draw.

I'm bending my elbow and turning my wrist a little to make this work now and I don't think it's a good idea.

had a friend eyeball my draw, and right away he said it needs at least an inch.

Talked to the dealer, he said he'd get the new mods for it (since the ones he has are the ones he told me before drag).

We decided we'd discuss the arrows when we have the bow set up at the longer draw.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:54 PM

removed post

Quick Reply: Got my Dually

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.