Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Liberty question

Old 01-16-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Bowtech Liberty question

Do any of you guys or gals with draw lenghts 30" or longer have problems seeing through some of the hunting peep sights due to the string angle of the shorter axel to axel bows such as the Liberty. I found even on my Pro 40 Dually at 37.5" some peep sights would not allow me to get a full field of view. The peep sight I used this past season that seemed to work well for hunting although larger in overall size than I would like (speed reduction) was the RedHawk Low-Light peep, do you think this will be a problem with a 30" Liberty
Old 01-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Liberty question

Tru-Peep "Super Hunter" sized peep. Simple and very light as far as peeps go.
No problem on my Liberty at 30" , in fact I am actually using this size to shoot 3D and it works great. I can just see around the edges of my Spot-Hogg's white ring for perfect center alignment.

On a peep related note.......actually string related. That peep of mine hasn't turned, rotated even the tiniest bit since I have the bow and I assume by now the string/cable are settled completely. I have seen no string creep at all. Peep is straight back everytime.....very solid, very simple.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:53 PM

My MM with a 30" draw had no problems with the Tru-Peep Super Hunter, and that is about the most extreme angle you can have.

Right now, I have the Hunter style Tru-Peep on my Liberty (29.5" draw) and I have no problems. I do need to get my string twisted to get the peep back in allignment, but, I just broke the bow in and I am willing to bet that it wont move a bit after I get it twisted up!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the responses. The tru-peep you guys are talking about looks just like the PSE peep I used years ago, although that style may work well I feel much better with a rubber tube on my peep when it comes to hunting, PSE use to offer a plastic stud to mount above the peep for attaching a rubber tube, however I would still prefer to use the RedHawk low light peep if it would work with the extreme string angle.