Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Carbons, which ones?

Old 01-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Carbons, which ones?

I'm in the market for new carbon shafts. I've been reading some good stuff on the Axis, but still not convinced. I've been shooting Beman ICS camos and like them, but the finish on them is the worst I've seen. Flakes off easily and difficult to fletch that way. I'll shoot the black ones before buying them again.

What is everyones recommendations for shafts? I will spend up to 75 or so a dozen.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Carbons, which ones?

New Gold Tips are out with matched sets and incredible tolerances. Just caught a blurb from one of the boards, but can't remmeber where or what they're called.

Fritz
Old 01-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been shooting the Bemans too for over a year or so now (the black ones...) and I have been entirely happy with them though Jeff has me convinced I need a dozen of those Axis....ofcourse, I am still fiddling with some ACCs as well.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

75 bucks?

1/2 doz. Acc's or ST AXIS shafts and you'll have some money left over

Otherwise, I'd go w/ Goldtip 3D pros. I've seen bare shafts w/ components going for right around $70 to $75 online.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Copied from Eders...

got to check out the new Goldtip line up today and saw the new Pro series arrows. They have a .001" straightness and +or- 0.5 grains. I've been told you can re-order arrows to a code number to get the exact same weight with each dozen you order in the future. Can wait to try them out. I think they are releasing them at the show next week with the new broadheads. Web page will show them soon.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KBacon

Copied from Eders...

got to check out the new Goldtip line up today and saw the new Pro series arrows. They have a .001" straightness and +or- 0.5 grains. I've been told you can re-order arrows to a code number to get the exact same weight with each dozen you order in the future. Can wait to try them out. I think they are releasing them at the show next week with the new broadheads. Web page will show them soon.
Saw that as well..and X-cutter has a thread over at AT (if you can get past all his anti-Easton vitriol) that has some good info.

I'm sold on on A/C/Cs and these new ST AXIS, but I'll be checking out the new Goldtip stuff next week at the ATA show. They have a few new things that have caught my interest (that weight coding thing is one..and a couple of the new shaft offerings as well)
Old 01-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

I have been shooting the beeman black ICS's over the last year. They shot good originally but over time my groups spread out. I too am in search of a new arrow for the upcoming year. I bought 3 of the a/c/c's the other day and fletched them up. they are very small diameter shafts. When chronod against the beeman arrow they were 2 fps faster. not a noticiable difference like I thought there would be. I am still in limbo as they are an expensive shaft around 13 dollars each where I live. they shot well through my prong rest but when I put them in my quiver they almost fell out as it wouldn't retain the small diameter shaft. My quiver is a hoyt quiver. I don't know if there is a special way to carry these small beasts???
Old 01-17-2004, 07:12 AM

I would have to say the Gold Tip 3-D Pro's are a good consistant arrow for a great price compared to the other comprable arrows!

I got a dozen of them, already fletched, cut to length, with nocks and inserts included for $79.99

So far I have shot about a half dozen of them and I havn't had a single flyer. They are hand inspected to insure they have the ratings that they are saying. I was reading reviews of them on the internet and one guy checked the straightness of them and out of the dozen, he had a difference between two arrows that was .0004
Old 01-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buck Magnet, I have considered the 3D pro's. My only concern there is weight. I like a little heavier shaft. But I'll still keep them in my mind.

Does anyone have any experience with the Blackhawk shafts?

JeffB, what is your final thoughts on the Axis shafts? I will pay a little extra if they are really that good.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

The 3D Pros should make for a great.........3D shaft. Hunting with them? I guess if you like light arrows for hunting.[:'(]

Quick Reply: New Carbons, which ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.