Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Would the Hybrids be popular if.....?

Old 01-17-2004, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would the Hybrids be popular if.....?

but there is no doubt in my mind that it would've come anyway within a year or two
This may, or may not be the case. Had Hoyt not made the bold move they did, I wonder if the other companies would have? Darton makes a decent bow but, never seemed to get the public overly excited about them. Hoyt did. Only time will tell re: the fate of single cams. But I don't see them going away anytime soon.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Darton simply was not big enough by themselves to do it without help, neither is Merlin, neither is Champion, Kodiak, Newberry, or even Martin. All of whom have been working with the design for awhile, with Darton of course being the first to really promote it.

With a superpower like Hoyt/Easton scrapping all other cam designs and putting full emphasis into the cam.5, the hybrid design finally got the recognition it deserves--but eventually it would've come anyway, and Hoyt would've gone this route at some point irregardless IMHO, because of the foresight that they have in R&D, just as the others mentioned above do.

Frank, I have no doubt in my mind that PSE/AR/Browning will eventually fold under the pressure and also build a hybrid, because they have certainly been playing with them too---they will however hang onto the conventional solo concept for as long as they can, because they like Mathews have a vested interest in solocam design and patents and they of course would like to ride that money wave all the way to shore. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

edit--BTW, sorry to make you wait so long, I've been just a little bit busy getting ready for the ATA show. I'll try to do better next time.[8D]
Old 01-17-2004, 08:14 AM

As PW 12 so eloquently said
"Even dual cams do not offer all of the attributes that Hybrids do IMHO. In a nutshell, they(hybrids) offer the best combination of attributes of both twins and solos-- all in one package, and are the easiest bows to tune and shoot I've ever experienced..."
I remember saying this MANY times over the last 5-6 years.

Sorry, Kevin, I just couldn't resist. I knew that once Merlin made the move you'd try it and like it. Now you know why I've been stuck with the C/P/S for so long and why people like Norb Mullaney choose to have one as their 'private/individual' bow.

Good shooting and I hope to see you at the ATA Show this year.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your ugly step-sister was using a beauty product that really worked, few would be impressed by its merit. Now take that same product and apply it on a big name celebrity like Britney Spears. Suppose it would make a difference in the products popularity?

No question about it in my mind, the Hoyt/Easton name, marketying strategy, and advertising capital accelerated the hybrid systems arrival to the forefront.

The "M" company did nothing but help the cause by calling attention to the product. Most of us can't help but watch a "cat fight". It gets our attention and generates interest. I mean who wouldn't want to see Britney Spears and Shania Twain compete in a "grudge match".
Old 01-17-2004, 01:28 PM

I mean who wouldn't want to see Britney Spears and Shania Twain compete in a "grudge match".
As long as it was a fight to the death and the winner got a bullet, I'd be a really happy guy...

Hoyt orchestrated a marketing dream with their Cam 1/2 even without the advertising battle with Mathews. Putting that bow in the hands of Chance, Dave Cousins, Dijan Sitar, Mary Zorn and a PILE of others was a great move. The Cam 1/2 set a bunch of world records last year in their hands. They knew Mathews OWNED 3D, but there is a whole other archery world out there besides 3D. Many bowhunters, including myself, follow all the venues of archery and the success of Hoyt on the international level in 2003 was astounding.

That being said...Mathews could certainly turn up the heat on Hoyt this year The Iowa Pro/Am was won with a Mathews.. If they win Vegas too it's going to be an interesting year. [8D]

I'll have my first hybrid here soon....from Newberry. Right now the single cam shoots great. We will see what happens.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Len-

Yes, you did say that alot-- but as I'm sure you remember tho, I ALWAYS stated that the CPS design was the best of any "solocam" design---this of course was before they(whoever "they" were/are?) designated the CPS a "hybrid".

It did admittedly take me awhile to "come around" through lots of hands-on testing, and it certainly took something extrodinary to do it. The evolution continues.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you at the show, have a safe trip. Pinwheel 12
Old 01-17-2004, 03:09 PM

I'm not try to start anything with my first post but is it me or is Mathews cams starting to look alot like their idler wheel (size and shape) just like hybrids idlers look alot like their cams. And again I'm not trying to stir up anything as I like alot of brands of bows including Mathews.[:-]
Old 01-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guy's who are saying that the mavrick express was loud have a point , but I dare you to try the new mavrick extreme . I dont know if all they changed was the cams , but the bow shoots much smoother and is very quiet , dont take my word for it , try it yourself and see . Roland glad to here of your sucess .
Old 01-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

How long until Bowtech has a Hybrid with all it's attributes but shoots 20 fps faster than the rest out there?
Old 01-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good Question RB. However, something else that needs to be considered is why would any given company come out with a hybrid design and yet still offer dual and single cams as well? Isn't the entire purpose of the hybrid design to offer many of the advantages of a dual and single cam without any, or many, of the disadvantages?

How would you market your dual and single cams if you just came out with a hybrid design?

I am genuinely curious.

Quick Reply: Would the Hybrids be popular if.....?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.