Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech limb bolts stripped.

Old 01-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech limb bolts stripped.

I just starting getting back into bowhunting so I purchased a used 03' Patriot SC all set-up. When I went to back down the wt. from 70lbs I noticed that the bottom bolt had rounded edges and confirmed this with the amount of play with the allen wrench. Is this an easy (inexpensive) fix for a dealer? I now have one bolt backed one full turn and the other @ 70. I also noticed that the top bolt turned very hard, at least harder than my old Martin, is this common? Thanks.

Tom
Old 01-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech limb bolts stripped.

I would think that if your dealer sold it to you that way he would fix it for you at no charge, if he did charge you he could have that bow apart and back to gether in a matter of minutes.I'm sure he would have limb bolt's available in stock .

nubo
Old 01-15-2004, 07:51 PM

I had this problem and here's what I suggest. If, like me, your Dealer will fix it at his shop, BowTech will send the bolts at N/C. If you have to send it back, they'll take care of it immediately.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Like was said above... limb bolts are easily replaced...

And the probable reason it's hard to turn is because the limb bolts need lubed.. mine was like that.. took it apart and greased it up.. now they turn alot easier.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have had that type of problem on several bows I have owned. I am sure they will take care of you as it seems a simple fix.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

What would cause the harder steel bolt threads to wear and not the softer aluminum riser threads?

Could the bolts have been bad to begin with?
Old 01-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I did not buy it from a dealer but I assumed that this would not be something to try myself. PABowhntr, where is the dealer in Lehigh Ct? I'm in Tannersville and was going to go up to Dupont but I'm a little closer to Allentown. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

What would cause the harder steel bolt threads to wear and not the softer aluminum riser threads?
I am not acquainted with Bowtechs, but as with older bows they do use steel inserts that cross through the riser correct?
Old 01-16-2004, 10:45 AM

The problem is with the allen head of the bolt, not the threads in the riser.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Walks, how would that account for the limb bolt wobble?

Quick Reply: Bowtech limb bolts stripped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.