Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop aways with cord, opinions

Old 01-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drop aways with cord, opinions

I'm in the market to tinker a little with some drop aways. I kinda ought to wait till after the ATA show to see what new toys are out, but I've been kicking the TR drop zone idea around and I really like the idea. The thing that scares me most is the cord. I have been using a NAP QT4000 for about two years and never had any problems. It uses a steel cable.

My question is this. How reliable is the cord? Does it get caught up in brush easily? Does it stretch or become loose after a while?

These are the things I'm kind of worried about for a hunting setup. I want something reliable and something I do not have to think twice about all season.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Drop aways with cord, opinions

I can only give you feedback on the Trophy Taker, as I've
got them on both of my bows. My biggest concern when
I first put them on was the durability of the cord. The last
thing I wanted was trouble with my bow during a hunting
trip. I have not had one problem and can say it is much
more durable than it appears.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stick with the QT 4000, Do you really feel the need to waste a hundred+ bucks on a rest that will do absolutly nothing better than the one you have? IMO the QT 4000 is a much better designed, more reliable, and a better quality rest than the drop zone.

There have been reports of the string coming loose from the inside of the drop zone. IMO the string is just as effective as the steel cable. Just not on this particular rest.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzyman! I have a string on my Trophy Taker and have not had any problem's with it getting caught up in bushes or with streching and it's been on my bow for 3 yrs now.I don't think that I'd worry about it .

nubo
Old 01-15-2004, 05:40 AM

Two years now I have been using the Trophy Taker. Havnt notice any trouble. Trophy Taker is very simple and accurate. I will be at trade show and see all the new items. Trophy Taker has new line of sights coming.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:03 PM

my trophey taker cord was alwys in the way of my fletchings, finnally traded that rest for a 3d rover.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The DZ is a great rest. I've never had a problem with the cord, and I've been thru some pretty thick stuff.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bee you had your string on the wrong side of your bus cable if it had been to the opposite side from the side of your arrow , there would have been absolutely no way for it to get in the way.

nubo
Old 01-15-2004, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a 2002 Bowtech Patriot and a Trophy Taker. I think I've put 4000 shots through it and hunted two seasons. No sign of wear at all on the drop-away cord. I haven't had it snagging up going through the woods either, and I hunt very thick stuff!

Good Luck!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've always been leery of the cord style drop-aways. Very much so. I've set-up plenty for folks, and some are definitely easier to work with and tune than others (NAP4000,TT and Cavalier Avalanche), but for my on bows I've always shyed away from them.

Finally w/ some prodding from Matt I gave the TT Shakey a try. Took a little fiddling to get the drop time correct but once I did that accuracy was superb.The rest itself is built like a tank. I've probably got about 6-700 arrows through it w/ no complaints. I will be putting another on my next BowTech.

Quick Reply: Drop aways with cord, opinions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.