Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Does Bowtech publish...

Old 01-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does Bowtech publish...

...there FDC graphs anywhere? Interested to see the '04 I-cam and F-cam and compare it to previous years offerings if possible.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Does Bowtech publish...

Are they handy? No, probably not. But I am sure Pat can probably pull something up for ya...though it may have to wait until after the ATA show as I am sure they, like most companies, are pretty busy up until then.

On a related note RB, I had you in mind when I was shooting my '03 Pat side by side with my '04 MM. At first I had a difficult time noting a significant distinction between the two draw cycles but it definitely is there. After shooting both extensively last night I would have to say that the draw cycle on the new MM seems to be about the same as last year's Pat SC cam with one noticeable difference. I think the MM maintains peak weight a bit longer than the '03 Pat. A quick look at the shape of the draw length module module seems to verify this.

Is it more difficult to draw? No, not noticeably so though I did not think it was really any easier either.

Hope this helps somewhat in your search for draw force comparisons.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Frank.

Didn't the MM and Pat have the same I-cam for '03? Don't they both have the same I-cam that has been "smoothed out" for '04?

If so, it would seem your experience doesn't point to the addition of the bearings and the smoother cam improving the draw cycle much...

I was expecting a more noticeable difference based on all the info posted...
Old 01-14-2004, 09:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

RB,

No, actually the single cam found on last year's Patriot was unique to that bow. It was not the same Infinity cam found on all of Bowtech's other '03 models. It was designed to have more of a rounded draw force curve in order to make it smoother to draw and a better hunting bow in general. I guess you could probably say that the '03 single cam found on the Patriot may have been the prototype, to some extent, for the redesigned infinity cam found on the '04 models.

So, with the bearings, etc... it is entirely possibly that the new I cams offer as good speed with an overall smoother feel...in comparison to last year's I-cam but not necessarily in relation to last year' Patriot single cam.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhhhhh...

Ok
Old 01-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

But I am sure Pat can probably pull something up for ya...though it may have to wait until after the ATA show as I am sure they, like most companies, are pretty busy up until then.
I've seen the Secret BowTech Bible (though briefly), and I don't recall seeing any FDC graphs in there. I'll see what I can find out at the show.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe it is time for a new chapter then Jeff.....
Old 01-15-2004, 12:02 AM

" I've seen the secret BowTech bible" Jeff it sounds like you've got a new religon