Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilizer Test?

Old 01-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stabilizer Test?

Advertising would help for sure, but I remember when I took my bow into the local archery shop and had the Stealth on it. I told the owner how well it seemed to work and let him shoot my bow. He seemed impressed with the effectiveness of the Stealth, but asked only one question. "Does it come in camo?"
Old 01-17-2004, 09:23 PM

Stealman,
I agree with the others. I don't know if it would be cost prohibitive or not, but I think alot of guys like to have their stabilizer match their bows. Please let us know if you decide to go ahead with it. I was planning on sending a 6" Steath hunter to Trebark this spring to have it dipped. But they charge around $35 I think. You definately would have one MO obsession sold if it was available .
Old 01-17-2004, 09:58 PM

Hey Jerry,

I think that within the next few weeks I will be placing an order. I e-mailed you a few weeks ago about it, and I just can't pass up these results. Whenever I get the extra $$$ I will be ordering one.

The camo isn't a "big" thing with the guys on here, but, lets face it, we aren't the typical archers on here. All of these guys are dedicated to this sport and know our way around bow, atleast most of us do. But, there are alot of guys out there that wont even buy a bow unless it matches the camo clothes they wear.

I have talked to several people about black sightes and stabilizers and most people say that they look "cheap". I personally don't see it that way, actually, with my new bow, I am keeping all my accessories black as it gives it a nice "two tone" effect

The camo would probablly help. Another thing though is the weight. Alot of guys have bows that balance well already and they don't want or need the extra weight of a stabilizer. I can shoot my bow very accurately without a stabilizer (atleast for hunting) so I really don't need that extra weight for pin point accuracy. If there was also a "lightweight" version of the Stealth, I think that it would be a big hit for the hunters!

Advertising always helps. Just look at Mmmmm....... Mmmmm...... (hahaha, I just couldn't help myself ) A small add would be a good idea, but, I would spend the extra money to get it put in a big magazine, such as Outdoor Life or Field and Stream. I would also try to get a color add, but that isn't nessicary.

I have been, and will continue to suggest your stabilizer on all the forums I visit when someone asks for the best Stabilizer. Your stabilizers have grown such a reputation that I havn't even used one, but I am willing to tell others to get it. Matt told me a good bit about them and his experiences and I trust him.

A suggestion that I may make to others is maybe add a link in their signatures on different forums to your web-site. I know that a few would be more than willing to do it.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KIDD642

JeffB the camo will more than help the sales of the stab's. In my almost two years in dealing with and selling the stealth's at my shop I would say first hand that the camo dipping will help the sales. Archery shooters are some of the vainest people I know....lol When I sell a bow and guys are looking at stabilizers they really consider camo and the fact that Jerry's come in black are a big consideration when purchasing one to match the bows camo pattern.

There were a few times when I literally spent 20-30 min. discussing what stabilizer would not just work better but what would look better. []

But I do agree with JeffB that you need to spend some $$ on advertising. Because Jerry does have a good product and the public needs to know that it is out there. JMHO.
LOL..Yeah I know Frank. Some guys have to have everything match regardless. Funny thing is I think I see more "clashing" of camo than anything in my area. Must just be that New Yorkers have less fashion sense.

Regardless of color, like you said, if folks don't know about them (i.e through advertising) it won't matter. Word of mouth only goes so far.

I do also agree that a shorter, lighter option would be neccessary.Say around 4-5" and 5-7 oz. Most folks don't like long, heavier stabilizers despite the benefits (I do, but I'm not most folks )
Old 01-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

You guys have all brought up good points,I think that with a marketing plan and camo the Stealth stabilizers would really open some eyes!
I really liked the idea of hooking up with a bow manufacture and building a "house" stabilizer for them.....hmmmmmm.
Its really just a matter of having the capital to market these stabilizers,it sounds so easy!
Whomever said "It takes money to make money" was sooooo right!LOL
Jerry
Old 01-18-2004, 01:00 PM

Hmmm... We have Jerry with Stealth Stabilizers, then we have all these BowTech guys............ the wheels are spinning........... hmmmmmm.... maybe BowTech and Stealth could hook up!!!!! That is just too good to be true
Old 01-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jerry,

If you will be at the ATA show, please stop by the BowTech booth and say hi! (might wanna bring a couple of stabilizers by to show the BowTech folks too
Old 01-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jerry.

You have a PM