Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Stabilizer Test?

Old 01-14-2004, 06:50 PM

Default RE: Stabilizer Test?

The problem with this line of thinking is that what will attenuate sound with one bow, may not work at all with another. You need to have some kind of harmonic convergence (?), meaning that the vibe of the bow has to be in the same range the stab can net out, or the stab has to be adjustible. Bows vibrate at different freequencies, so there isn't any one system that will work for every bow. There is actualy, but not within this reference.

In my view, and I recognize from the past I am in the vast (if correct) minority, The purpose of a stab has nothing to do with vibe. They don't call them Vibrators, they call them stabilizers. As far a stability is concerned, a fairly large number of the hunting ones are negative to neutral in effect. But either way, I wouldn't want to likely buy the winner, since it would be a winner in an irrelevant category.

Third, there are so many good vibe attennuating things that can either be added to a stab, or attached to the bow, who would care about such tests?
Old 01-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am on the opposite end here in regards to stabilizer theory.

I firmly believe that all bows produce the same type of noise/vibration. The variations are slight compared to the possible noises and vibrations from other sources.

What I am saying is...if you find a stabilizer that dampens recoil/vibration, and noise better on a Bowtec...the same stab will be better on a Hoyt, and a Mathews, and a Martin, and so on.

Now balance is a different matter altogether.

That said...I also performed a very rudimentary test using 5 different bow brands, and 5 different stabilizer brands.

I felt the recoil/vibration, and listened without the aid of a decibel meter.

I found in my rough testing that my KyberShock stabilizer performed much better on all bows than the other brands. Except one. My stealth 8", 10", and 24" stabilizers outperformed the Kybershocks....not by a mile, but the difference was noticable.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

They don't call them Vibrators, they call them stabilizers.
I think you're on to something. Market a Doinker Vibrator, may get more females interested in archery...

Sorry...
Old 01-15-2004, 11:40 AM

Range, I was thinking the same thing, but you beat me to it....Great minds.... (or maybe dirty minds)

JMAC
Old 01-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer great...
Old 01-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Somehow I just new that somebody here was going to breach that subject....esspecially after Arthur's "Dilidio drive" comments.

Dirty old men.

Old 01-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

The Stealth line of stabilizers address`s the issue of differing frequency vibration by having the dual chamber design!
A high frequency absorbing chamber and a low frequency absorbing chamber,allowing it to absorb more vibration, on "most" of the many different designs of bows out there!

I dont know how much longer the Stealth is going to be available thru Cabelas as I recieved a call from their purchasing dept. a couple of weeks ago.
It seems that sales of the Stealth Hunter were not high enough to justify them placeing it in the 04 archery catalog!
The gentelman I spoke with said " The Stealth perfomed better than most of the stabilizer`s hes tried"! and that he personally uses a Stealth on his bow!
He also said if Stealth picked up some more momentum in sales it would be no problem to get them back in the catalog in the future!

I guess without a big advertising budget, just not enough people out there Know about the Stealth Hunter stabilizer and what a quality product it is!
At this point I am wondering if having them camo film dipped would put them "Over the hill" so to speak and increase sales enough to compete with the "Big Boys"!
What do you guys think, will the camo Stealth be a big success?
I still wont have the big advertising budget.....

Jerry
Old 01-17-2004, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthman
At this point I am wondering if having them camo film dipped would put them "Over the hill" so to speak and increase sales enough to compete with the "Big Boys"!

What do you guys think, will the camo Stealth be a big success?
Jerry
Jerry,

My personal opinion would be that the camo may help, but using the extra $ you'd spend getting them dipped (unless it's cheaper than anodize for you) would be to use that money to advertise. I've never seen an ad in any bowhunting mag. Putting a small B&W ad in one of the "equipment guide" issues of Petersens or Bowhunting world would be my suggestion.

Will you have a booth at the ATA?

I think it would also be wise to try and work with some of the bow manufacturers to get them to help distribute yuor product as thier recommended stabilizer. If it's in the manufacturers catalog, fans of X bow are more likely to buy one for their bow (e.g. I see a ton fo guys at the shop w/ the Hoyt stabs on thier Hoyts, even though we carry deisgns that work much better..they just want a Hoyt stab, ya know?)
Old 01-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

JeffB the camo will more than help the sales of the stab's. In my almost two years in dealing with and selling the stealth's at my shop I would say first hand that the camo dipping will help the sales. Archery shooters are some of the vainest people I know....lol When I sell a bow and guys are looking at stabilizers they really consider camo and the fact that Jerry's come in black are a big consideration when purchasing one to match the bows camo pattern.

There were a few times when I literally spent 20-30 min. discussing what stabilizer would not just work better but what would look better. []

But I do agree with JeffB that you need to spend some $$ on advertising. Because Jerry does have a good product and the public needs to know that it is out there. JMHO.

Quick Reply: Stabilizer Test?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.