Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Liberty question

Old 01-13-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Another Liberty question

I know someone addressed this a few weeks ago, but if someone could clarify, I would appreciate it. My dealer did not have owner's manuals for the new Libertys.

I bought a 29" 70lb model Liberty. However, 29" was too long, so I had the guy put in a 28" module (F3). The draw stop is positioned exactly in the middle of the S and the L. 3 questions:

1. What is the draw length? 28" I assume.
2. If I move the draw stop one notch in either direction (shorter or longer), how much does this change the draw length?
3. How do I know what let off it is set at? How is it adjusted?

I would like to experiment with 80 and 65%, but can not tell the difference by adjusting the draw stop, other than the draw length gets shorter or longer. Thanks in advance for any advice ya'll can give.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another Liberty question

Moving the stop one mark will not change much. As you move it toward the "S", let off will be less. Toward the "L" increases let off. The valley will get narrower closer to the "S", and wider toward the "L". Draw length changes, but to a small degree. There are optimum settings with each module re: stop setting. Experiment with stop setting and see if the module is the correct one or if you need a different module to get the set up you like.