Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string strech

Old 01-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default string strech

I shoot a mathews sq2. Still has the zebra string on it and will until i HAVE to replace it. My question is I have a kisser button, if/when the string streches I assume the kisser button will move, will i adjust to it without knowing it moved and will that adjustment affect shot placement. Thanks for the help. by the way how much are some of the better custom strings.
I forgot to mention i have only had the bow for a few months, got it about 3 weeks b4 season. I havent noticed any problems yet, had my best season ever with that bow, got it to replace an old bow when the limb cracked.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: string strech

If your string stretches so much it affects your kissers anchor it is defently time for a new string and cabels. I have never had a string stretch so much it affects my draw lenght or anchor points. If you want to know if your string is stretched measure your axle to axle length on your bow and compair it to the factory specs. That will tell you right off if it has stretched.

It is good practice to replace your strings and cabels every year at least once or even twice depending on how often you shoot.

Winners choice is a good way to go. Not sure of the price for a matthews though.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:33 AM

Default RE: string strech

When a string stretches on a single cam, the kisser can move quite a bit. So does the nock, so it won't feel any different. However, your shooting will not be so great. I replace the manufacturer strings on my bows, as soon as I get the bow. A good quality string is very important for consistant shooting.