Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

This is it!

Old 01-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This is it!

Nubo--you're one happy camper. sometimes it boggles me to think I'm here almost in the heart of the city and still cannot get a hand on the new Bow Tech bows, Hoyt or Mertin---would you believe my wife gave me an 'open check' which says on the memo line 'new compound bow'---and to this day, 1/11/04, I am still unable to get a look at the new line of bows I'd mentioned above. The Champion Diablo was hanging around my buddy's shop--but that's about it. Not a bad bow, but Champion went right back with the teflon and plastic washers for the cam again this year. Do you know if your pro shop get their Bow Tech from North Star Silva here in Toronto--as he seems to be playing games with my buddy. I may not even be able to make it to the ATA show this year, which only makes matters 'worse'.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not sure if that's who they deal with or not but I'm going to find out that might just explain why they don't have much along the line of Bow Tech.
Gary at the Wolf's Den between Barrie and Angus told me the reason was that hoyt was the big demand this season and that's why he wasn't carrying much BT's He would get them if you wanted. I guess if your selection is limited then your going to buy what hanging .Who want's to wait ,most can't but I want what I want and I'll wait for it if it comes down to it.

nubo
Old 01-11-2004, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just so you know fellas, the Canadian distributor (which is "Silva") Just received their 2004 BowTechs this past week (I know becuase I was checking on it for a customer). They should start flowing out to the pro-shops any day now.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jeff--that's the Distributor for Bow Tech here in Ontario, North Star Silva, I'll work on that this week. Nubo, does Wolf's Den have the new Hoyt's in stock, I'm about an hour/fifteen away (South) and have no problems heading up there.
Thanks guys for the info.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Jeff--I forgot to mention, the last time we talked to 'Silva' he said his container was detained at the border with all the stuff inside--some mistake with the documents and what was inside the container--something along those lines.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Left your new bow at the shop!!![]

Your a stonger man than I . I would wake up in a cold sweat worrying that every Tom,D, and Harry were fondling my baby while I was away.

I hope you enjoy your new rig!
Old 01-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ampahunter The Wolfs Den has a pretty good selection of Hoyt's if you send me your address I'll give you thier phone number so you can call before you go,just to make sure you don't drive up for nothing .I know Gary was telling me he wasn't keeping too many Bow Tech's in stock because the Hoyt's were selling fast.

nubo
Old 01-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the offer Nubo--I've got Gary's number and will give them a call.
Last night I shot the new Champion Diablo again and the Champion Scorpian '04, for the first time. The Scorpian was indeed a pleasant surprise--for a low cost bow, I was impressed. I'm now leaning towards buying this bow and one other.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well if it saves you the trip then that's good for warranty item's.Tommorrow I will be bringing my new baby home ,this wait has been a long one.

nubo