Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question for arrow weight/spine gurus......

Old 01-10-2004, 08:50 AM

Default Question for arrow weight/spine gurus......

I need some help guys....

I am currently shooting a 2002 Protec with the versa cam. Draw length is about 28 1/2. I'm pulling about 63lbs. My arrows are 29 inches long. I'm currently shooting Beman ICS 400's with feathers and a 125 gr Magnus head. The total arrow weight is 420 grains. Although I did have 4 complete pass thru's this year, I still can't get this spine business out of my head!

I'm looking for an arrow that is spined correctly and will give good penetration. I only use this bow for deer hunting. My bow is only shooting about 245fps now, so I really don't want to lose a ton of speed. Does my set-up sound ok for maximum arrow flight and accuracy?

Also, I'm considering bumping up by poundage by about 5 lbs, so keep that in mind during your calculations. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question for arrow weight/spine gurus......

Although I did have 4 complete pass thru's this year...
Rule #1: Never argue with Success!

Rule #2: Don't fight Prosperity!

According to the Beman chart, you're just fine with a 29" ICSH 400 and 125 gn tips to 70 pounds.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:55 AM

Default RE: Question for arrow weight/spine gurus......

Thanks Arthur, that is exactly what I needed to give my mind a break!!!

I knew that I was spine ok per the charts, but I've read on here a few times that the charts for carbons are not always accurate. Anyway, like you said, you can't argue with success. Thanks.