Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

THE LIBERTY HAS LANDED

Old 01-09-2004, 05:18 PM

Default THE LIBERTY HAS LANDED

Well guys, the post you all waited for. Break out those tranquilizer darts

Well, lets see where to start.

Camo. I did notice a few of the "white spots" on my bow. There were a few of them around the edges of the sight window. Another thing I noticed was 3 small "blotches" on the bottom side of the shelf. Other than that, this camo is flawless.

Grip. The grip looks great. Mine has sorta of a "rough" look to it, but it doesn't feel rough! It is a really cool look. The grip is also incredibly comfortable! It is nice an narrow but it also gives you a "solid" feel. The grip is narrow, but yet it doesn't feel like you are holding nothing! The grip is perfect for me.

Balance. Like I said, this bow balances very well. The tops falls away VERY slowly. The balance is very well. I am going to be checking out some stabilizers for it. I am thinking about trying out a Tranquilizer out front and maybe a Doinker in the back. I really like the balance as it is, so, I am goin to try and keep it as close to the same as it is. Maybe a TINY bit more weight in the back to get the balance perfect!

Hush Kit. The hush kit is AWSOME! They are much improved, but, a little "odd" looking. But hey, if it works thats all I care about. The hush kit is so good that you don't need aftermarket silencers.

Speed. Not the big selling point of this bow, but, it is more than enough to get the job done. My bow was shooting 299 f.p.s. set at 29.5" draw length, 71# draw weight, and shooting a 350 grain arrow. This is WITH the Hush Kit and a brass nock installed. With my hunting arrow, I will probablly be getting around 275 f.p.s. which is still more than enough for any "typical" big game animals.

Looks. This is a hit or miss factor for alot of guys. Some guys love the parrallel limbs and others hate it. Personally, I love the look. This bow looks awsome and doesn't look "cheap". The large idler wheel and cam stand out on this bow and they "grab your attention". The new camo, Mossy Oak Obsession, is a huge step up. The detail on this bow is great and it doesn't "blod" up like the older camo did.

Feel. I just can't say enough. The bow feels larger than it is so you can hold it deadly steady on the target. The draw cycle is what just screams at you........ I drew the bow back, set at 71 pounds, and it is just amazing. Thats all I can say about it, you will just have to try it out to see what I am talking about.

Well, that is it for now, but, I will get some pics later and try to post them tonight!
Old 01-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: THE LIBERTY HAS LANDED

Congratulation's Buck Magnet ! and I'll be waiting tonight to see the pic's!

nubo
Old 01-09-2004, 06:49 PM

BM,
My congrats also. I think I may go shoot the Liberty and the Pat S/C again tomorrow. I am leaning towards the Liberty. I should have my mind made up and a new bow in hand in the next couple of weeks.
Hope to see your pics of your new toy!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:29 PM

Congrats BM! Reading your post makes me want to go shoot mine some more. But I guess I'll have to wait until daylight. Although....the wife is asleep and if I move the couch just a little & stand in the dining room....

Camohunter,
You mean you actually shot the Liberty already & didn't take it home with you?! How do you guys do it? I just haven't got the will power I guess. Had to bring mine home that same day.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason.

Congrats on the new bow
Old 01-09-2004, 11:01 PM

Jeepnut,
The Liberty was really smooth and I was VERY tempted.
The shop had only one and he was trying to sell it to me. (even though it was his only one and he said he was also trying to keep it around so that more people could shoot it).
He said he had a shipment coming in in mid January and the thought of getting a fresh one, right out of the box made the wait endurable. Tomorrow I hope to go shoot the Liberty and SC Pat again, and I might put down the money. Hopefully the shipment will be in real soon.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:16 AM

I decided on the Justice instead of the Liberty, I guess I just like the shorter Axle to axle as I have in my EX Solo. The liberty and Justice are so close to shooting like identical bows and with a 1/2" more brace this should help me with those 11 rings.
Bowtech sure has the right design this year, the draw is so smooth I hope that I can improve my scores.[8D]
Old 01-10-2004, 11:20 AM

BM I'm a little dissapointed. I was really expecting a 12 page report with graphical analysis, photos of every angle, an in depth user review and another page of just giddyness. What's the deal?

Now I really can't wait until my Liberty get's here.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:41 AM

Quote:"The Liberty has landed"--You sure you're not an astronaut ? Just kidding, keep us posted and waiting to see the pictures, you just might convince me yet.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's I also went to the shop to check out the Liberty and the Pat S/C but since they weren't in I tried the Pat dually and guess what ,,,,,,,,,IT'S ALL MINE NOW.

nubo
P.S. I guess I just couldn't wait but the dually was very impresive and I just fell in love with it .Besides I like to be different and it seem's like the liberty will be in every bush this season .

Quick Reply: THE LIBERTY HAS LANDED

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.