Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

THE LIBERTY HAS LANDED

Old 01-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: THE LIBERTY HAS LANDED

Alright Buckmagnet you went and did it.

You left me as the sole, one and only sorry sap still shooting a Mighty-mite. I feel lonely out here all by myself[:'(].

So tell me this, the Liberty at 71# feels like the mighty mite at____#???

Please fill in the blank.

I've tried everything under the sun and just can't get used to the draw curve of this bow, which is why you probably dumped it. I've also noticed the resale isn't so hot, I guess the word is out.
I picked up a used 60# Stalker and love the way it draws, sets at full draw and shoots. If the Liberty will give me that same feel I might look into one.
The only time my Mighty Mite makes me smile is when I shoot it over the chronograph.
Old 01-10-2004, 03:16 PM

DaveC,

I never really "disliked" the draw force curve of the MightyMite, I just wanted something a little smoother. The MightyMite is a heck of a bow and if I had the extra money, I would have kept mine.

Now, the draw cycle is amazing on the Liberty. I would say, my bow at 71# feels like my MightyMite did at around 61#-62#. The thing I really love about it is the smooooooooth transition into the let-off. When I drew the MightyMite back, as soon as I hit let off, my arm would jerk a little bit, which would cause a little noise from the draw stop peg hitting the limb so quickly. The Liberty is so fluid that you don't get that jerk at all.

I don't care what BowTech comes out with next year, this bow is staying with me! But, that doesn't mean that I can't pick up a new one next year to tinker with....

Here is a pic of my bow....

I will get more in depth this next week when I get everything for the bow, get it set-up, tuned, and shoot it a bit. I got my arrows today (28.25" Gold Tip 3-D Pro 75/95's) and these thing just look sweet!!!! The best thing is that they don't have those dang stupid "Lock Nocks".

P.S. Matt/PA, I wonder how much BowTech has made from you by getting people like myself addicted to these dang bows
Old 01-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

BuckMagnet,

Congrats on getting the bow! I managed to chrono mine today. 29" AMO (65%), Hush kit, loop & peep. 71 pounds. 377 grain Easton ST AXIS 400 @ 283 FPS. Not a burner but very good speed considering the extremely easy draw.

P.S. Matt/PA, I wonder how much BowTech has made from you by getting people like myself addicted to these dang bows
I don't know how much money he has or hasn't made them, but I can tell you that one of the first tasks I was given when I accepted my BowTech Advisory Staff position was to help choose another individual to bring into the fold. We wanted someone who knew the product inside and out, was very knowledgeable about archery in a general sense, personable, dedicated, and who would be a great representative for the company.

The first name that popped into my head was Matt's. Matt has been a very big fan of BowTech products over the past few years, and has gone out of his way to share his knowledge and offer his help not only to people on message boards such as these, but to his local dealers, ranges, and clubs too. Apparently he's also a helluva 3-D shooter, and he's definitely a helluva nice guy. BowTech didn't hesitate to say "yes" when I mentioned his name.

I don't know if he's accepted the position (he'd be an idiot not to ) but I know he was asked in the past couple of days.

And please, don't everyone start sending me "resumes", OK ?
Old 01-10-2004, 07:02 PM

Buck Magnet: What kind of nocks did it come with, my Gold Tips came with the lock nocks, but I just used them, some did not lock so well so I glued them in!
Old 01-10-2004, 07:08 PM

WOW!!! Congratulations Matt,,, should you decide to accept Yea Matt's got quite an archery thinking cap on and I'm sure BowTech will benefit from his experience!!! BowTech's on the move this year and with you guy's help,,, it can only get better for all of us[8D]
I got another chance to play with a Liberty today and I believe the Liberty shoots better than any other 80% bow I've ever tried,, I think I could shoot it standing on my head!!!!![] Just so sweet and kind!!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buck Magnet I apologize in advance for hi-jacking your big day!

Thanks again Jeff for the recommendation and the kind words........I didn't know that you were going to "Out" me, but I'm actually glad that you did!
I have accepted BowTech's offer (I'm not stupid) and have been agonizing over how to get across to the Huntingnet members that I am now an official Staff member under the BowTech flag. []
I know guys have looked to me in the past as an "impartial" source of information, and I was worried about how it would be viewed now as being connected to one specific bow company.

I can only hope the fact that the many years in the message board community came before the recent staff offer might carry more weight than some of the guys you see on the boards who are the other way around. Sort of a "what came first the chicken or the egg?" type of thing.

Regardless I will still remain the same person, but with regards to doing anymore "Bow Reports/Reviews"? boy, now I know what was going through your mind Jeff?
In any event, BowTech does also know that I, like Jeff will still be a vocal critic in an effort to help the product line evolve, as well as a fan, so you will as always get the straight "skinny" from me.

I will now be one more official voice assisting Pat and Jeff with questions and support for BowTech products, and it's probably best that the Huntingnet members understand the new relationship.

My thanks to BowTech,Pat and Jeff for the opportunity.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:42 PM

BIG congrats Matt,
I think Jeff made the right choice. I have thought you had a lot of knowledge and always enjoy your reports.
Pat, Jeff, Matt ... Bowtech is well represented. I believe we can all benefit.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK Matt, now that your an executive, how about a free "perogie" dinner!! and use the company card.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:46 PM

CONGRATS MATT!!

Don't worry about "hi-jacking" my thread, you will just have to get me a free Pro40 wheely and we will call it even

I for one will still look at your reviews with the up-most respect. Getting a staff position doesn't change your personallity our your credability!

JeffK,

GoldTip came out with a new nock that is much like the Easton super nock and that is what my 3-D Pro's came with. They are MUCH nicer than the lock nocks. Plus, they aren't double snap nocks!!!! I got my arrows from Mt. Archery and if you request these nocks, they will put them in any of the Gold Tip arrows for free

P.S. I took some more pics of my bow, but, I don't feel like editing them and loading them to the internet tonight, but, I will soon!!!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 08:21 PM

Congratulations Matt! Jeff has definitely made an excellent choice.

So how long do you guys think it will be until Bowtech puts a direct link to this technical forum on their site?

Quick Reply: THE LIBERTY HAS LANDED

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.