:D" />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

So... What the %$^! IS Virtual Mass???

Old 01-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: So... What the %$^! IS Virtual Mass???

So his ratings would show better efficiency than someone would actually get by shooting the same model bow with a 350 gn arrow at 70 pounds and 30" draw. Right?
Most likely, yes. Dynamic efficiency varies with arrow weight, and draw poundage. Within general range of arrow weights that Norb shoots, increasing arrow weight results in an increase in dynamic efficiency.

But since the IBO has such holes in their specifications that you could drive a truck through them, the AMO standards are much more concrete to work with. As long as you're comparing apples to apples, like working with AMO specs of two different bows shooting the same arrow weights, you could compare VM numbers. But it wouldn't be a fair comparison to take VM data obtained at 70#, 31" versus VM data of another bow at 60# and 28".

Frank, those numbers sound about right. I saw a '97 review laying here that had a 143 grain VM number. I NEED TO CLEAN OFF MY DESK if I still have a '97 issue burried and didn't get tossed out.....[]