Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

need info on carbon arrows?

Old 01-03-2004, 09:05 PM

Default need info on carbon arrows?

i shoot easton xx78 2312 superslams wright now.but i am looking into getting carbon arrows.what are some good carbon arrows.what are the price range on the carbons per dozen need info on that if you know.

i shoot a browning tornado.
set at 27 draw length
set at 60 pound

p.s. do carbons fly better than aluminums.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:23 PM

Default RE: need info on carbon arrows?

bobcat,

A carbon arrow will fly better than a aluminum if the carbon fits the bow better and is tuned better, same thing goes for the aluminum!

The thing I like about the carbons is the durability. ArthurP likes his aluminums because of their durability. Neither arrow will shoot perfect forever so it becomes a personal preferance!

If you are look for some good arrows check out.......

Beman ICS Hunters
Beman ICS Camo Hunters
Easton Carbon Evolution
Easton Carbon Epic
GoldTip XT Hunter
GoldTip XT Camo Hunter
Carbon Express Terminator
PSE Carbon Force Dominator

there are other good carbon arrows out there, but, these are the ones that stand out!

I have shot the Beman ICS Hunters, Easton Carbon Epics, Gold Tip Camo Hunters, Carbon Express Terminators, PSE Carbon Force Dominators, and BlackHawk Vapors (but, I won't recommend those due to personal experience)

The Bemans were incredibly tough and shot great. They could take anything that I dished out. The GoldTips shot great, but, there were the "flyers" in the bunch. They are tough also! The Easton Carbon Epics shoot pretty good, more than enough for hunting, but, they aren't the toughest arrows that I have shot. They are a great bang for the buck arrow. The Carbon Express Terminators were TOUGH and one of the few heavy carbon arrows. The only problem that I had with them wasn't even the arrows problem. The proshop glued the nocks in so I couldn't tune the arrows for fletch clearance. The PSE Carbon Force Dominators shoot AWSOME, but, they aren't that tough of arrows. More than enough strength for whitetails, but, I would be hesitant to use them on the bigger big game animals.

Now, the BlackHawk Vapors I had were a big disappointment. I purchased a dozen and was really pleased with them until I tried tuning my bow with them. I had perfect fletch clearance with these arrows, they were spined correctly, but, I just couldn't get them to paper tune. My tech guy who was helping tune them spent several hours with me trying to get a "decent" tear, but we just couldn't. We checked everything but we just couldn't get them to shoot good. I was getting 1-1/2" tears that were un-consistant. One would be nock high/right, the next would be nock left, the next would be nock low, it just kept changing. The real kicker was when I e-mailed BlackHawk and told them my situation and asked for any tips. They ENTIRELY blew me off. The reply was ridiculous. They said something to the effect of......... I am sorry to hear that and I am not sure why. I can assure you that it isn't the arrows, it is something with you. Try out some other things and good luck. To say the least, I was ticked off and I will not buy an arrow from a company that treats a customer like that!!!!!!![:'(]
Old 01-03-2004, 09:28 PM

thanks for the info, buck magnet
Old 01-03-2004, 09:31 PM

No problem Bobcat!!!!!! I would suggest that you PM ArthurP and talk to him about arrows, he knows his stuff about them!!!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 09:37 PM

Carbons are the only way to go
Old 01-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Buck Magnet covered lot of brands for you. I shoot the same draw and weight you mention and Beman or Easton arrows shoot real well for me if I shoot 500's. Both with 100 grain heads or target tips. I do know that 2312's are too stiff for your setup now. Heck, I'm shooting 2212's for winter 3D and they're too stiff. If you want a really light shaft that shot real well then try the Easton Litespeeds 500's.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't recommend the Gold Tips. They were a good quality shaft that was tough as nails, but I can say that the quality went downhill there for some reason. The last dozen I bought, there was quite a bit of inconsistancy both with weight, and straightness.

Bemans. I currently shoot the ICS Camo Hunters and like them, but the finish on them are terrible. Gold Tips finishing is 100 times more durable than these. The paint seems to just flake right off. But, for what its worth, if you shoot a Hoyt bow, it seems as though the Bemans tune better out of them. At least with my particular setup. I would not hesitate to buy another dozen Bemans but they will be in just black next time, no camo.