Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ok..Carbon Express Terminator Selects......

Old 01-03-2004, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Default Ok..Carbon Express Terminator Selects......

any impressions? Are the tolerances accurate and how do they shoot? Thinking of trying some just for hunting because I do like the heavier weight.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok..Carbon Express Terminator Selects......

Coug...pretty good IC carbon arrow...the Term Selects that is...advertised at .003 over 28" weight tolerance is very good...spine tolerances are average or better, you'll get a flyer here and there, but it's usually nothing turning a nock won't fix

Very tough arrow, they are not all-carbon, they are composite like the Beman ICSH/Easton C2 shafts...older camo coating was really noisy across the rest...changed that for 2004. Most come in pretty darn straight (Ask ArthurP, I sent him about 5 or 6 to try out), but some will have runout on occasion. I would recommend buying bare shafts, and cut from either end as neccessary.

Until the 2004 price hike from Carbon Express they were a great value (especially the black shafts), now it's priced right a long most of the other CX offerings which are not that cheap.[:'(]

That said, it's definitely one of the better IC type carbons out there, especially if you like "heavy". I would recommend investing in some A/C/C or Goldtip unibushings and G-nocks as they are a bit fatter than the nocks Gametracker supplies with them (especially the camos), and you can tear one up real quick on a nock end hit.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:25 PM

I don't shoot the Selects, but I shoot CX Terminator Hunters, they are 12 grain per inch. Very happy with them. Durable, fly straight, pretty fast, and penetrate deep.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am very picky about my arrows. The Terminator Selects Jeff sent me have met all my personal criteria and, based on my experiences with a variety of ICS carbons, have greatly exceeded all my expectations. Going on 6 months of hard use and they still shoot broadheads just as good as any aluminum arrow I've got.

I'm down to 4 now, but the disaster that destroyed number 5 would've done the same to ANY arrow. It was a 4-rail bank shot - off a target, off a metal target stand, off a rock and then smacking a tree before going over the edge to make a 30' drop into the gulley.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the 3D selects for two years. Thousands of shots and 4 deer. I still have 10 left, I think they're plenty durable and the tolerance is to +/- .001. I'll buy them again.

Good Luck!
Old 01-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the reports. I have been shooting Easton Carbon Evolutions for 2 years with no complaints but........I want to hunt with heavier shafts and it seems the Terminator Selects may be just what I want. Hopefully I can find some of the 2004 shafts soon.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cougar Mag...........if you want more weight the Terminator series is it. Also, camo arrows are even heavier!

Good Luck!
Old 01-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Going on 6 months of hard use and they still shoot broadheads just as good as any aluminum arrow I've got.
Geez...has it been that long? How time flies.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great arrows. I have used them in the past. Killed a big cow last year with one. Elk that is. .....Bulls bugles bogs and black timber.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:57 PM

Excellent arrows, ive used in the past and i still do today, thats all thats in my quiver, once again If it works for you dont change it.

Goood Luck boys