Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Liberty, Freedom Cam Question

Old 01-01-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Bowtech Liberty, Freedom Cam Question

I recently purchased the Bowtech Liberty and need some help on the freedom cam. Where the drawstop is there is an adjustment that you can move either to the L or the S, what exactly does this do? I am guessing that it has something to do with the letoff but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
Right now my Libertys draw stop is centered 5 notches from the L. The module has a F2 written on it which is probably the 29" draw which I needed. When I received this bow I recieved no manuals except for the birth certficate. The Pro shop where I bought this bow did not have any manuals for the Liberty or the Patriot Dually that I purchased last year. Does bowtech usually send anything other then the birth certificate?
This is my first post on here and I just wanted to say that this is the best archery forum that is around. I usually just read the posts daily but these questions just never seem to come up, so I just had to ask.

Here is my setup:

Bowtech Liberty 29" draw
Muzzy Zero Effect Rest
Spott Hogg Real Deal Sights
Fletcher Tru Peep
String loop
Scott Little Goose Release
Old 01-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Liberty, Freedom Cam Question

Go to the bowtec website and download the 2003 owners manual off of the main page, this will explain the draw stop feature.
The "s" is shorter, the "L" is for longer. This is a means of tweaking your draw length and letoff. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 01-01-2004, 07:55 PM

Last year the owners manuals were a little slow getting out. I finally got one from my dealer but by then I knew about everything I needed to know. Keep after your dealer to get you one.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:29 PM

Go to the bowtec website and download the 2003 owners manual off of the main page, this will explain the draw stop feature.
The "s" is shorter, the "L" is for longer. This is a means of tweaking your draw length and letoff.
I went to the bowtech website and the infinity cams had a number that went 1 for where the L is, and a 10 where the S is. The new freedom Cam has a lot more adjustment notches then last years infinity cam and they did away with the 1 thru 10 markings. So I'm still a little confused. I'll try moving it a little at a time tommorow and see what effect it has.

It seems like the more towards the S I go the less letoff I should have and the more towards the L the more letoff I should get. I'm just guessing according to last years infinity cam specs. Is that correct?
Old 01-01-2004, 08:34 PM

Yep, same as last year. I wouldn't move the draw stop peg more than one small noch either way until you get the manual or BowTech_Shooter tells you it's ok
Old 01-01-2004, 08:36 PM

Is there a point where you can adjust the draw stop to much, Which would minimize performance? My ideal letoff on this bow would be around 65%. I always seemed to shoot much better with a lower letoff.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:40 PM

Yep, same as last year. I wouldn't move the draw stop peg more than one small noch either way until you get the manual or BowTech_Shooter tells you it's ok
Ok, I will wait till I hear how to set it for 65% letoff from BowTech_Shooter.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:01 PM

I've read that on some of last years Infinity cams that the owners or the dealer had set up the draw stop peg in the wrong location causing the cam to over rotate and wear the buss cable. You can locate the lowest point on the grip of your bow and make a mark directly above that at the rest mounting hole with a yellow crayon. Draw the bow with your release and an arrow on the string and have someone put a mark on the arrow where the mark you made is on the riser. Add 1 3/4 inches to the length of your arrow at the mark and then measure the length from the mark to the throat of the arrow's nock. This measurement will be the actual AMO draw length of the bow. Try to stay within 1/4 inch either way of 29 inches on your Liberty with the F2 module until you can get the actual specs from BowTech, give them a call if you need to know ASAP.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Viper125, The owners manuals should be done shortly and will be forwarded to your dealer ASAP.

The Liberty with a F#2 module (29" draw), the draw stop should be set at the 6.7 mark for 80% let off and if you take it up to the 7.2 mark you should be very close to 65% let off. This is counting up from the bottom (L) end of the cam to the middle of the draw stop screw.

Most generally if you take the draw stop past the 80% mark, you'll be past the back of the valley and the bow won't perform properly. The more you move the stop towards the "S" end, you'll lower the let off and shorten the draw length.

If you need more help, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Regards, Pat
Old 01-02-2004, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

The Liberty with a F#2 module (29" draw), the draw stop should be set at the 6.7 mark for 80% let off and if you take it up to the 7.2 mark you should be very close to 65% let off. This is counting up from the bottom (L) end of the cam to the middle of the draw stop screw.

Thank you for responding so quickly. I just want to tell you that I think it is great that Bowtech has people like you that monitor these forums.

Thanks again, Scott

Quick Reply: Bowtech Liberty, Freedom Cam Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.