Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MZE and broadheads

Old 02-09-2002, 11:43 AM

Default RE: MZE and broadheads

The rest issue is to get your broadheads flying the same as your fieldpoints. It is because your bow is not set up as perfectly as it could be. It is not to cover something up like arrow spine. What I was saying, if you can't get them to hit together by doind that, it has to have something else wrong like maybe arrow spine. Try moving your rest and see what happens.
Old 02-10-2002, 12:44 PM

Default RE: MZE and broadheads

3D4PSE,

I was about to make another post asking another question and thought, deer seasons over and I have a couple of months before turkey season so why not give moving the rest a try?!?!?!

Well, you were right. I made one small adjustment left and another adjustment up with my TigerTuff rest and viola'! My next broadhead shot shaved about 1/4 " off my field point tipped Goldtip arrow. I am minus one arrow but now have peace of mind.

This bothered me the past couple of years with this particular setup. When I shot Aluminum arrows this was never an issue. My fieldpoints always shot with my broadheads. Switched to carbons out of a solo cam and had the problems I explained in earlier posts.

I am almost scared to paper tune. If I get these good consistent groups is there really any point in paper tuning?