Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

vibration...how do I eliminate it?

Old 12-30-2003, 06:12 PM

Default vibration...how do I eliminate it?

I bought A 2003 Bowtech Patriot SC this past fall and I love it. But, it seems to vibrate and be a little noisier than I'd like when I release the arrow. Would like to tame it down a little if possible. It is set at 70 lb draw weight with a 30 in draw length. Thanks for any suggestions
Old 12-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: vibration...how do I eliminate it?

Main thing to do first is make sure the string and cables are adjusted to their proper lengths. Check your brace height and axle to axle length and check them against factory specs. If they're off more than a half inch, then you need to do some twisting to the string/cable rigging.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well..I would ask first what do you have on it already?

If you just have the stock Hush Kit & Vibrablocks I would wholeheartedly recommend upgrading to the 2004 versions, or the easier installed choice would be adding some Sims brand gear like a pair of Stealth Limbsavers & String Leeches. Except for my new Liberty, every bow I have had in the past few years regardless of manufacturer was immediately equipped w/ Limbsavers and Leeches. They really make a difference.

Also, If you don't have one already, a good shock absorbing stabilizer like the SorboTek, Stealth, or Sims will do wonders as well.

Hope that helps
Old 12-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm actually very surprised this bow is noisy. Bowtech is inherently a pretty quiet bow to start with. If you dont mind me asking, what is your setup as far as draw weight, arrow choice and length and so forth. If you are shooting a very light arrow, you will get more noise.

Check all your accesories. Most times, these are the culprit of unwanted noise. Even if all the screws are tight, some sights and rest still humm somewhat. A few mini limb savers will help there.
Also, check you cams and limb pockets for play. If they seem to move any, take it to a good shop and have them look it over. If there is anything wrong there, Bowtech will surely take care of it.

As ArthurP said, get some Sims LimbSaver accesories, limbsavers and so forth and a good stabilizer like he mentioned.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

At one time I owned an 02 patriot and it liked a simms enhancer 2000 in the rear stabilizer hole , made quiet a diferance in the feel and sound . They did change the risor for 03 thou , so I dont know it will have the same effect . Stick one on and try it .
Old 12-31-2003, 06:34 AM

I would suggest getting rid of any metal to metal contact, where possible. I always put a thin layer of rubber between any accessory and the riser, and between accessories that touch. Moleskin works well also. I've found this to work much better then attaching the mini limbsavers. As an added benefit, it also keeps your riser from getting scratched from the accessories.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

A piece of old bicycle tube between the riser and anything that mounts to it has always worked for me.

I agree on the Sims products, string leeches work very well as does the cable guard dampner. Limbsavers go without saying.