Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

can't get a center shot on a browning bow need help (pics)

Old 12-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default can't get a center shot on a browning bow need help (pics)

My buddy brought his bow over today so we could tweek it a little bit getting ready for the indoor league. Well every thing looked good untill I put the GKF true center on it. It was 3/4 an inch out of center. I adjusted the rest until I couldnt move it any furthur because of flecth clearence on the riser but is still out of center 1/2 inch. This is the rest that came with it in the package its a browning rampage maybe 5 years old. It looks like it would have to have a flipper rest to achieve a center shot. Am I missing something here?????

Old 12-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: can't get a center shot on a browning bow need help (pics)

I dont put much trust in those tools , and from the looks of things I think youd be better off going off of the risor instead of the quiver bracket . I put more faith in a bare shaft for center shot . There has been alot of talk about cabel tourqe lately and that bow looks as if it has tons . Thats a whole nother can of worms thou .
Old 12-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had the same results going off the riser as I did the quiver bracket. Its just going off the riser the tool didnt have enough clearence because of the quick adjust knob on the rest. I believe the tool to be accurate. It shows my bow and my other buddys to all have a center shot. All our bows shoot bullet holes in paper except for this bow in question.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

measure the axil to axil on one side and then the other , it may be you nead to twist one side of the split cabel to make them even , that will effect center shot .
Old 12-30-2003, 05:56 PM

ijimmy has something there.my browning tornado,when you pull back the top idler wheel leaned the the right .hope info helps........