Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Patriot Dually Pro's and Con's

Old 12-27-2003, 11:12 PM

Default Bowtech Patriot Dually Pro's and Con's

I'd like to get the forums opinion on this bow, pro's and con's as well as the Dually line up of Bowtech's. What cam is on this bow, and have there been any changes to it for 2004 as compared to the 2003 models? I've got the 2003 Bowtech catalog and have been comparing the numbers of their various models and this looks to be a really good bow with good brace height and light weight and fast speeds. How smooth and forgiving is it and would you reccommend this bow to a friend? Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Patriot Dually Pro's and Con's

and have there been any changes to it for 2004 as compared to the 2003 models?
Apart from a new riser, pivoting limb pockets, roller bearings in the cams and new ST1 string material it is about the same bow

They have smoothed out the cams some what and they are a couple of fps slower than the 03 version.

How smooth and forgiving is it and would you reccommend this bow to a friend?
I have not had a chance to play with an 04 as yet but can say if they are smoother to draw than the 03 (which I have) then I will be out of pocket even more (but dont tell the wife) would I reccomend one to a friend YES a great bow from a great company that stands 100% behind its products.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:51 PM

My '03 Patriot Dually in 70 pound and 29 inch draw is MY hunting bow that I've dreamed of for years. Tall brace height of 7 7/8 inches, quiet, super accurate and very fast with very little recoil. I won't be replacing this bow for deer and antelope hunting any time soon. Though I haven't seen the '04 Patriot Dually, I ordered a target version for 3D's for '04 and will sure let my observations be known about what I think of the new model. These are fast bows but they draw stiffer than bows with less speed. They put out what you put in!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 11:13 PM

Are there any tuning/timing issues to be aware of with this bow since it is a dually? Does this bow go out of tune easily or easier than a single cam bow? With the changes that Aussie mentioned, I'm giving this bow serious consideration. Thanks...
Old 12-29-2003, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wolf.

My 03 pat Dually has only been in the press once to retime it.

I have had the bow since January and it has been shot a lot the string and cables still look brand new.

At this stage the new string material (ST1) seems to have very little creep on my Justice.

So I dont think you are going to have any timing issues after the initial shoot in period.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:47 PM

In my findings, once the string and cable have been well shot in then is the time to do some really serious fine tuning. After that point of about 200 to 300 shots things will not change unless the bow is subjected to serious heat in a case or back of a car. Mine has been trouble free since the inital settleing. Even during break in, when you could feel a little double bump in the draw cycle the bow shot very accurately and point of impact was very consistent. After break in, my findings are "set it and forget it"
Old 12-29-2003, 02:19 PM

For those who have shot the single cam and dually, can you explain the different characteristics between the two. Is the single cam more forgiving, which has less recoil, hand shock, etc., etc. I thought I had my mind made up to get a Liberty next month, but I keep thinking I need to check out the Pat SC and Dually. I am one of those who prefers a little extra speed so my judgement in yardage can be off a little and not worry about it too much. Therefore, the Pat SC or Dually would suit me a little better if there is not too much to give up in return (forgiveness). Thanks.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:18 AM

Any time you go for more speed, there is a price to pay. Most of the time it will involve working harder to get to full draw and MAYBE a little more noise. Shoot them all and make your best compromise. That Liberty IS some kind of smooth though!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The grip on the 04 is better, though the 03 grip is fine with me. The 04 feels slightly better balanced. The single is easier to draw, but slower. I don't think the single is any more forgiving, maybe not as much if you tend to creep. The single is quieter, recoil and vibration are close. I don't even pay attention the low amount of recoil or vibration in my Dually. You'll find the Duallys to be quite different than the singles. The Patriot single and Liberty will feel very similar, IMO. The Dually will be stiffer to draw, narrower valley, less solid wall. That is not to say the Dually wall is mushy. It certainly is not. The draw stop on the singles is just absolutely solid. I would have a hard time recommending one over the others, I like them all. Speed for the draw, I'd choose the Patriot single.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:17 AM

While I'm new to this forum, I'll offer my experience in looking at a new bow.

I tried the Patriot Dually and SC a while back (both 2003 models). At that time, the Dually felt like a cleaner draw and better balanced. Obviously its draw was more stout...direct result of the cam design that gives it more speed.

Couple of days ago, I tried the 04 SC, and a liberty, as well as the 2003 dually again.

The Liberty (which was set at 70#) did feel lighter in draw, but you know at some point in the draw, you're still pulling 70. It's balance felt similar to the 04 SC, and I didn't care for either as much as the dually

As for noise and vibration...I know the Liberty was a little quieter...but the dually didn't seem "loud" by any stretch. Vibration...not really noticeable on any of the bows.

I asked about the 04 dually, and the shop said it would be near the end of January when they'd have them...plus, price would go up, and they wouldn't give me the same deal on sights and rest they had offered on the 03 (basically $50 off total cost).

So, don't know if I missed out going with an 03 instead of waiting to check out an 04 dually...but it felt so good I decided to say to heck with it and went with the old model.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Patriot Dually Pro's and Con's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.