Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Seen this yet?

Old 12-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Seen this yet?

Bowtech vs. Champion

Let's get ready to rumble...

http://www.huntersfriend.com/shootout/shootout.htm
Old 12-24-2003, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Seen this yet?

I'll bet Mr. Shebaylo is second guessing that decsion!
Old 12-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting info regarding the stated vs. actual IBO test, the straight and level nock travel test and the force draw curve graphing...

Both bows were 11 fps off the stated IBO...

Too much info to absorb in one reading. Will have to hit the link a few more times...
Old 12-24-2003, 10:10 AM

Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get a Liberty!!!
Old 12-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow that was a heck of a test......about as elaborate as I've seen. I guess the Champion guy is eating a little crow right now.

A few things I did notice on the tests.......they penalized the Liberty almost the exact same amount on the brace height portion of the speed test as the Diablo even though the Liberty came in ABOVE the stated brace height putting it at a bit of a disadvantage, and the Diablo came in under giving it a slight advantage........but I uderstand their % fudge factor idea for being so far off either way.

Also I guess it's confirmed that the Hush Kit is just about as good as the SIMS leeches......I think I heard that somewhere else?

Oh and anyone who reads it, did you notice that one tester Darrell Parks or Perks? that guy was cracking me up.......I think if he had a gun to his head, he wasn't picking the Liberty for ANYTHING no matter what happened.

Overwhelmingly positive for the Liberty, I guess the Diablo will need to start in a lower weight class next test.[8D]

Neat test, sounds like a pretty time consuming process.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was he the Mathews shooting old guy with glasses in a hat?

I noticed the same thing...

I also wondered why they didn't give the Liberty a 10/8 over the Diablo in the string/cable area, as they gave up on the Diablo in the report...

The FDC of the Freedom cam sure looks smooth...
Old 12-24-2003, 10:16 AM

And BowTech wins with a TKO

I'll tell you what though, that Champion held it's ground. I'll bet that is a sweet shooter, just not as sweet as the Liberty

Give me Liberty or give me nothing at all
Old 12-24-2003, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah... that Perks guy was not very happy.. and sounded like he was against the bowtech no matter what...
Old 12-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I read right the Bowtech was shot with the hush kit on which will acount for at least half of the speed difference, if not more.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

SA, I'm pretty sure they stated only 1 brass nock on the string. However, they also stated in the straight and level nock travel test they made no attempt to tune the bows to better the nock travel results, they simply shot them as received.

Perhaps the cable/string specs needed some tweaking, which could also account for the fps results and accuracy testing, I believe...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.