Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

COMPARING BOWTECH&MATHEWS

Old 12-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: COMPARING BOWTECH&MATHEWS

Nicely put Matt/PA this is a touchy subject. I myself would sell my sole for another LX. But hey as long as the bow shoots for whomever uses it I have no argument. Any bow is a step up from my first willow limb with bailing twine. Sure made me mad when mom took my arrows............Neighbors cat was happy though....
Old 12-29-2003, 03:32 PM

Hey guys ........back from AL .

As some of you know .......I've shot Mathews bows for years but a little disappointed with them lately. Well I decided to stop by the Bowtech shop on my trip and check out the 04's .
I think the new Bowtechs are very nice!! They look nice and the look of the hush kit was better than I thought (normally I don't like that kind of stuff) !

They seemed balanced very well ,look good, draw well , but ............

I didn't like the grip very well ! Also about 5 out of 10 I looked at had some paint defects.......could be how the shop I was at handles them or something.....I don't know, but it was a little disappointing !

And after all the hype on the Liberty ..........I have to say......it is nice... but I personally didn't think it had any smoother of a draw than an LX . The one I drew was at 71 lb and felt somewhat less on the draw(maybe a couple pounds) , but I think the 10 lb claims around here were a little far fetched !
The Patriot was nice and while not as smooth.........I didn't think it was a lot different than the Liberty. But I didn't have an opportunity to shoot them......just look ! [:'(]

They're nice .....but I think I'm going to stick with the LX for now !
Unless someone can find me a like new MQ-1 with a 30" draw and a 70% 30-R cam !! My dad (whom I gave mine to......won't let me have it back) !![>:]
Old 12-29-2003, 04:35 PM

You, know I just bought my first Mathews last spring and would not sell it for the world! Bowtechs yes they have good designs, but some of them seem to have come from Mathews themselves (parallel limbs), I like the Liberty, but does nothing for me, the Mathews have Cable Roller Guards, it cleans the bow up a lot!

Mathews has made a name for themselves, they concentrate on making the best quality product available, and they do, none of they Hoyts, or Bowtech have come close to the technology that Mathews has come up with, but in the next few years, look for more companies adopting the "Mathews" style of bows![X(]
Old 12-29-2003, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

JEFF K.
AMEN!
Old 12-29-2003, 05:42 PM

Yea right!!!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

the HCA American Legend II looks almost Identical to the Mathews Legacy but is about 7 FPS faster
Old 01-04-2004, 08:21 PM

Well, they do resemble eachother but as far as im concerned shoot em both and whichever one "talks to YOU" thats your bow...