Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Justice Report

Old 12-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bowtech Justice Report

Bowtech Justice.

Before I get into this too much I will say from the onset I am not a big fan of short AtA or single cam bows.

My first impression of this bow when I seen the specs was that it would be a great tree stand bow for you guys who live up North who have to bundle up.
Plus with all the talk about the Liberty I decided that someone had to test this bow so I took it upon myself to get one.

Birth cert 60# 28” draw 300 gr arrow 275 fps with Hush Kit, 1 Brass nock and 2 eliminator buttons.

Bow is set up with a Cobra prong rest, string loop, Extreme 100 sight and Bowtech hush kit nothing else on the string.

The bow is a 31.25 axle to axle with an 8” brace but when measured the brace was 8.25”

Fit and finish is once again to Bowtech’s high standards.

The first thing I noticed was the new Mossy Oak camo, but for mine I feel the camo on the riser is a little too dark wish it was the same as on the limbs but that is just a minor point.

The next thing is the overall weight of the bow it is lite.

There is not much else I can say on the tech side that has not already been said by Jeff and Matt in their reports of the Liberty which has the same cam, idler wheel, limb pockets etc.

With the bow set up it was time to sight it in, what I did notice was that the freedom cam is smooth and felt several pounds lighter than the actual draw weight.

With the bow sighted in at 20 yards it was time to do a group.
I will tell you now that this little offering from Bowtech will stack them in there.
At 20 yards all 5 arrows where touching with ruined vanes on 3 of my newly fletched arrows.
It holds rock solid for such a short AtA bow but for me I had to pay particular attention not to cant the bow, which is one reason I am not a big fan of shortie bows.

There is almost zero hand shock and vibration and what little there is will be taken out with a stabilizer although this bow does not really need one, if anything I would suggest a Doinker Chubby Hunter or one similar in size.

The draw has no humps/bumps picks up the weight straight away rolls over ever so gently into the valley then to the dead stop of the back wall.

I am using 400 gr arrows the bow is deadly quite just with the BT hush kit.

At the moment I don’t have access to a crono but would take a guess the arrows are doing about 250/255 fps.

Overall the Justice is slowly changing my mind about short bows. The more I shoot it the more comfortable I am getting with it.

I will add that apart from the Northern tree stand guys if anyone is looking for a smooth drawing light short bow for spot and stalking through the thick stuff give the Justice a real hard look.

Admittedly the Justice is not a speed burner, which we have all come to know Bowtech for, but people asked Bowtech for some smooth drawing bows and as usual Bowtech have given the end user what they asked.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Justice Report

Ausie,

Nice report!

That's the first "live" pics I've seen of the Justice. I like the new riser.

Did you notice any "swirls" or white spots in the film-dip?

I'm just curious why you bought a short single-cam if you don't like short single-cams? I know I'm crazy enough to buy stuff I know I may not like just to see if things may be better on a certain model, but did you have a specific reason?

[note to self] buy digital camera.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that first pic, and had a serious case of deja vu... While waiting 6 hours for deer to show up (which they did not), I imagined the perfect bow design, and it looked so much like that top pic it was scary...

For some reason, the camo on your bow looks much more green than other recent pics of the new bowtechs...

Feel free to post all you want about this bow...
Old 12-23-2003, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm just curious why you bought a short single-cam if you don't like short single-cams?
Jeff.
I spose I just had a mad rush of sheeeeeeeeet to the brain

No actually the specs had me intreged (sp) with the larger cam and idler wheel and longer riser than is usual found short bows.
But I will say that even tho this bow is only 31.25" ata it feels and shoots like a much longer ata bow.

Should be just the thing for down on the lease going through the thick stuff stalking hogs which I have tried to do with the Patriot but it is just a little too long and kept getting caught up.

Did you notice any "swirls" or white spots in the film-dip?
As a matter of fact Jeff I did not take that close of a look
But just went over it and yes there are a couple of white spots on the bend in the riser into the sight window.

RB

For some reason, the camo on your bow looks much more green than other recent pics of the new bowtechs...

There is some green on the bow but the pictures are a little decieving there is more brown than green.
On the riser there is a lot of dark brown almost black looking in some parts it is a shame the riser is not the same as the limbs which IMO the color is a lot lighter and with better contrast.

I saw that first pic, and had a serious case of deja vu... While waiting 6 hours for deer to show up (which they did not), I imagined the perfect bow design, and it looked so much like that top pic it was scary...
I would say if that is the case then this is your bow
Old 12-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say if that is the case then this is your bow

Wow... Really? Thanks!

I'll pm you my shipping address...

Old 12-23-2003, 06:02 PM

Nice pics and report ausie!

I shot a pro 40 at 70# and it felt more like 60.
I shot a 70# liberty at 70# it felt like 64 or so.
I'm wondering if 70# justice fills more like 70.
I guess the shorter a-a, the stiffer the draw.

Does 60# fill like 60??? Thanks.......fishon
Old 12-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fishon.

No it feels several pounds lighter than 60#

I know this is comparing oranges to apples but compared to my Pat Dually @60# the Justice feels like 40#[]
Old 12-24-2003, 06:33 AM

Aussie, have you shot the Liberty as well? When I shot the Liberty & Justice side by side, both at 65 lbs, the Justice felt like you were pulling a whole lot less than the Liberty. I just wondered if it was me or if anyone else noticed the same thing.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could be the diff in brace height, and orientation of the cam from one bow to the next.

The PRO- 40 F-cam will likely feel the smoothest as it will use a smaller module for a given draw length (store less energy)
Old 12-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aussie, have you shot the Liberty as well?
Jeepnut.

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to shoot the Liberty so sorry could not do a side by side test.

JeffB

Could be the diff in brace height, and orientation of the cam from one bow to the next.

The PRO- 40 F-cam will likely feel the smoothest as it will use a smaller module for a given draw length (store less energy)
Ok I will bite are you asking a question or making a statement or asking a question then answering yourself[][:-]

Quick Reply: Bowtech Justice Report

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.