Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tell me this about the Liberty...

Old 12-23-2003, 11:43 PM

Default RE: Tell me this about the Liberty...

live2bowhunt, where in GA are you? Maybe we could work out something where you could shoot my Liberty if we're anywhere around the same area.

Timba
Old 12-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Barry,
Full of it? At least I can see and hear good!
Keep it up and seeing will be the least of your worries.[:-]

Don't be shy either.....tell everyone what you really thought of the new Bowtechs.
What other bow could have pulled off that shot you saw?

You have a great Holiday Barry talk to you probably in a week or so.
I've heard about "The Shot". I'm sure Matt is too modest to talk about it here (ahem) , but I sure wish I could have been there to see him drill that target at 100 yards![]
Old 12-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was it the broadside of a barn?

Old 12-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

Was it the broadside of a barn?

I believe it was a medium Mckenzie Deer.[]
Old 12-24-2003, 09:50 PM

Timba,

Thanks so much for the offer. I live in the northwest corner of GA, just about 20 miles from Chattanooga Tennessee which is probably 2.5 to 3 hours from cumming Georgia if my memory serves me right. I'm off work until Jan. 5th, but I'm travelling out of town on a late season bowhunt. My e-mail is [email protected]. If you e-mail me, maybe we could work something out when I return? Also, if I am successful(breaking my Illinois jinx) I might be returning early and could take a trip down your way as I would love to shoot one to see what it was like before taking the plunge.

Can you tell me more about your liberty? I would probably be looking at an 80lb / 29" draw model based on what everyone is saying about it feeling like less draw weight that it is. What are the specs on yours? Birth Cert. speed? Chrono numbers? Everyone seems to think this bow is extremely accurate. What's your take?

Merry Christmas
Old 12-26-2003, 10:44 AM

I shot the new Liberty today and all I can say is that what everyone is saying about this bow is very true!!!! Very smooth and very quiet with nothing going on but arrow delivery. No shock or vibration and I did chrono it against the speed tag on the bow. The tag said 60/29 and with a 300 grain arrow did 289 fps. My findings were that with a 302.1 grain arrow it went 291 fps and with a 356 grain arrow it did 271 fps for 58.07 foot pounds of energy. If you can't blow through a tender little whitetail with that, you must be trying to shoot one ene to end!!!