Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Jeff, Liberty chrony numbers?

Old 12-22-2003, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Jeff, Liberty chrony numbers?

Saw in another post you mentioned you were impressed with it's performance through the chrony. Immediately went searching for the thread that contained all the info, to no avail...

Well, What were they?

And how was The Return of the King?

Also, does the stated fps on the Bowtech birth certificate include the installed hush kit and eliminator buttons?
Old 12-22-2003, 09:14 AM

Default RE: Jeff, Liberty chrony numbers?

I can't answer for Jeff on the first two questions (although personally, I did enjoy Return of the King). However, I believe the answer to your 3rd question is yes; the birth certificate speed includes the factory installed hush kit.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Range,

Hmmm..I’m not sure where you saw that, as I didn’t shoot my Liberty through the chrono yet, LOL.

I went straight to the shop from the movie, so I didn’t bring my bow.

RotK was excellent. Very emotional film. Several people were crying at various moments in the film. I teared up myself a few times, though I know the story well. The pacing was a bit “off” like The Two Towers was, but a great film nonetheless. Tolkien’s masterpiece is far too large and complicated to pack into the time Peter Jackson was allotted for the theatrical releases. Jackson did an awesome job within his constraints however, and I doubt anyone else could have done better. The Extended versions of FotR and TTT were considerably better movies due to the material there that really is essential to the story. I’m sure the extended version of RotK will also benefit as much from the extra material.

I’m just quite sad now that something I waited to see outside the confines of my own imagination for nearly 25 years is now said and done…sigh….

As for the Liberty, I hope to get it chrono’ed this coming weekend if the shop is open. My new Axis shafts should weigh right around the 400 grain mark or slightly under, and I’m guessing will be shooting in the mid 270’s. And yes the Birth cert speeds include the string accessories. The IBO ratings in the catalog do not.

I will say this: I bought some Stealth Limbsavers too, but it was a waste of $. There is no noticeable difference that I can tell between the new VBlocks and Limbsavers. I’m taking the LS off. Surprised the hell out of me really.

I also got a chance to handle the 2004 Patriot I-cam for a moment at the shop. Very nice. The new Infinity cam w/ bearings is a bit smoother to peak, and smoother into the valley for sure…even at 80% letoff. I drew it side by side w/ the Liberty they had and the 2004 PAT was definitely less of a contrast than my ExVFT or 2002 Pat SC is to the Liberty. Unfortunately the Pro 40 F-cam bow they got had been trashed by Airborne Express during shipping, and Mike refused acceptance of it.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm..I’m not sure where you saw that, as I didn’t shoot my Liberty through the chrono yet, LOL.
Can't find it now... Maybe it was wishful thinking?