Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton ST AXIS: VERY IMPRESSIVE

Old 12-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton ST AXIS: VERY IMPRESSIVE

Don't know pricing yet for sure @ the shop. I had a gift certificate to use up, and was just writing down what I was taking on a ticket so the owner could close down the shop and get out to his stand. We'll square up later.

I do believe though that the bare shafts will run around the $85 dollar mark.

and yes, I'll be subbing to BowHunt America for four years. I saw the subscription "perk" last night
Old 12-22-2003, 11:39 AM

I looked online, where does that subscription "perk" show up. That would definitely get my interest in a magazine. I need something new to read anyway.

JMAC
Old 12-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

I was at a local bow shop and he gave me an issue and the little subscription card in the middle had the arrow deal on it.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ARGGGHHHHH[:@]

I Hope Santa knows I've been good and brings me a digital camera for Xmas!

After moving my rest up a smidge, and adjusting my sight up a tad, I just shot a 1.5" group at 38 yards with the ST AXIS and Liberty []2 arrows are vying for the same impact hole. For me this is quite good, and especially so for a bow I've done little to no fine-tuning on!

I actually shot about 20-25 arrows (3 shot groups) from 25 to 38, and my largest group was 3" or so (punched the trigger). Most were an inch to an inch and a half. There's nothing wrong with these arrows right out of the gate!

Methinks I've found a winning combo![] I'm not touching a thing!

And yes, the offer is on the subscription card.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ausie,

I'm sorry I missed your question re: the mag-nocks.

Unfortunately I'm totally unfamiliar w/ the mag-nocks other than concept.

If the actual mag-nock (and not the receiver on the string) pushes into the shaft like the nock on a Goldtip or other IC carbon then you will have a problem as the X-nock is a unique size... at least as far as I know. Len had stated he couldn't find any uni-bushings to fit them. I had suggested that X10 or A/C/E pins w/ the A/C/E nock may work to Len, but he did not have any in stock to try.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, it will be interesting to see how the spine in these holds up over time...
Old 12-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff.

Thanks mate

I guess i will have to fire that question to the guys at Magnock.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wouldn't it be helpful if Easton just listed the I.D. of the shafts, and the O.D. of the various adaptors? I will have to see if I can find my dial caliper. It has to be around here somewhere![:@] Do you think calling or e-mailing Easton would turn up any helpful info? I just casually looked at a few field points and broadheads to see the size of the unthreaded part. Comparing that with the part of a G-nock that fits in the adaptor, I'd have to say that any aluminum adaptor to use G-nocks for these arrows would have to be pretty thin.

I tried to order an extra dozen nocks with my arrows, even though I haven't shot like Jeff B. is talking about for some time. No dice. No extras available right now. I guess I should be glad I'm not shooting like Jeff and his Liberty yet.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Joe.

I will try and email Easton to see if I can get an ID measurement.

But just incase I dont get an answer from them, see if you can find those calipers

That would be right no email contact on their web page[:'(]
Old 12-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

For those wondering about field points, here ya go. Easton 17/64 size..

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop...60a6c5cc313eff

Ijimmy, I popped an Axis in my quiver. Not super tight, but one strip of fleece or what have you should be fine. Also, my grippers are "stretched out" a bit from having larger shafts in them.

Quick Reply: Easton ST AXIS: VERY IMPRESSIVE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.