Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ordered new Liberty.

Old 12-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Spike

Default Ordered new Liberty.

Found a dealer only 60 miles away, the other one is 180 miles. He got in three of the new Bowtechs. Liberty, Justice, and patriot. I really liked the Liberty. It was a 70 lb. Ordered a 60 lb 28.5 inch draw. Said it will come the middle to end of January. I suppose I will get flamed again, saying you won't believe me. I don't know which one I will like best of the Liberty or the one I have now until I get it and shoot it some. I don't dare mention the other name. I won't dare tell you which one I like best or I will get shot down again. If you don't believe me call Meyers archery. Number is in Bowtech web page. Ask him if a bow as described above was ordered. He also could tell you the bow I shoot now.
Most of you guys were pretty tough on me. You took things wrong. I didn't say anything bad about Bowtech. I am not used to people doing that. Some were real nice. I hope the trophy taker shakey hunter will work on it. Also will use a Spott-Hog Real Deal sight. Don't think I will be doing anymore posting. Most of you guys are too touchy. Can't say anything. Now I will get blasted for that too.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ordered new Liberty.

Lefse,
Let me give you my take on this whole situation.......I've been watching from behind the scenes and I'll try my best to explain why I think things happened the way that they did for you.

First the reason that you got "Flamed" as people say is that your VERY FIRST post on this forum was to simply state that a dealer dropped a bow line and that you only shoot quality equipment and that was a different bow line........

I honestly just thought to myself......"Well there's someone who doesn't understand how things work on these boards" I didn't see it as a bash of any particular bow line, I just took it as someone who doesn't understand the, for lack of a better word,..... the ettiquette (hope I'm close on that spelling?)of these message boards.
I didn't judge your skill or intelligence, but rather just tried to figure out why something like that would be your "Introduction" of sorts to the forum. Then when I saw the exact same thing on the other forum I began to question motives as well. To take the time to register on both forums only to post something you found and why you like something else just didn't make sense........We are all too familiar with "Trolls" over the years on these forums. If you don't understand what a "Troll" is, it is a person who ANONYMOUSLY registers to the forums for no other purpose than to push buttons and cause problems.....some of these people even have obvious agendas geared toward certain manufacturers by starting rumors. Your post threw up a red flag along those lines for a lot of guys.

I do have a point here so I hope I haven't bored you to death yet!

See we have what could be considered an online "communtiy" here and around the net.......many of the people here also visit most of the other archery related forums, and many of us have been doing so for years. There are lots of online friendships and many many more are made everyday. Its a great place to not only learn and share experiences, but to network or just have a few laughs with new and old friends. (That's what the "Smilies" are for)

So now we come to your next topic here?.....you took the time to start an entirely new thread about your new purchase and immediately followed that up with some of the most defensive writing I've seen. If most of these guys seem touchy, its because the style of your posts just don't sound like someone who wants to be a part of the "community", and that's ok if you don't. I just personally don't understand the angle of your posting?
(I do understand your good taste in bows and accessories however.)

Let us get to know you as a person.......fillout your profile, tell us a little about yourself and join us on a more personal level. Then feel confident that you can relate any equipment experiences you might have with us. Tell us what you think/thought and why........that's what we want to hear, We might still tell you your nuts but at least we'll be able to do so jokingly!

So I extend the official "Tech Forum Olive Branch" and invite you to get to know us.......if you've been shooting bows for 50 years I'm sure most, if not all of us, could learn something from that experience.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Amen, Matt.

lefse, I hope you read what Matt wrote in its entireity. It sums up my thoughts perfectly, even to include the statements about welcoming you to the boards... provided you come here with a willingness to share your knowledge, learn in return, and generally participate with a spirit of good will.

You'll note on your first post my latest reply in which I intend to re-evaluate my original assessment as perhaps too hasty, and give you the benefit of doubt.

Congrats on your new bow purchase; I trust you'll enjoy it immensely when it arrives. I hear it's one of the finest on the market now.
Old 12-20-2003, 02:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lefse, the Trophy Taker will work, as I'm sure the Spot Hogg will. I have a Shakey Hunter on a P40 F cam.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:08 PM

Ditto everything that Matt said. That's precisely what I meant with my first reply to your post on AT.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lefse........You're going to love that bow! You'll also love the Trophy Taker, its simple and very reliable! Glad to have you on the site.

Good Luck!