Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Len if you would.................

Old 02-06-2002, 10:43 PM

Default Len if you would.................

Well it's time for a new addition! The bows that I am thinking of are THE BOWTECH PATRIOT, THE DARTON RAMPAGE EXPRESS, or the MATHEWS CONQUEST 2. Would use a ZE or the new Mirage fall away from GK.

Not a fan of super short bows, I prefer mediuim ATAs.Primarily for hunting, but I am a sucker for a tack driver.

What would be your thoughts?
Old 02-07-2002, 08:07 AM

Default RE: Len if you would.................

ttt
Old 02-07-2002, 09:50 AM

Default RE: Len if you would.................

Nubbb: Shoot them all; but, make sure you're comparing "apples to apples". What I mean by this is make sure they are all the same poundage (preferably on the same scale), make sure they are all the same draw length by using the AMO or "actual" draw length methods (you'll need a draw arrow for this), and make sure you're comparing them side by side (if possible). If you are checking speed, make sure they're done under the criteria mentioned above while using the same arrow and the same chronograph.

Then, and only then, can you really make an educated decision. Sorry, I can't choose a bow for you or anyone else, no sooner than I could pick out your clothes. They all have their positive and negative features. You are the only one who can decide what is best for you.

Good luck.