Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What drop away has the best arrow containment?

Old 12-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default What drop away has the best arrow containment?

I have use the biscuit for the past couple years. It has done me well but I am thinking about a drop away on which ever bow i decide on this year. I would like to hear some opinions on drop aways that cradle the arrow from moving around to much while still hunting or just in my stand. Thanks
Old 12-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What drop away has the best arrow containment?

Probably the Muzzy Zero Effect. The cradle arm on that rest is quite large compared to just about anything else that I am aware of. It is almost as difficult to have an arrow fall off of it as it would be off of the Biscuit.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

For whisker biscuit type total containment, I haven't seen a drop away yet that will beat the QAD Ultra Rest-

http://www.qadinc.com/

It's a crying shame someone here won't run this rest through the paces and tell us if it's worth the price or not...
Old 12-19-2003, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting the NAP Quicktune 4000 for the last couple years and can't see anything wrong with it. It holds the arrow very well while sitting with the included arrow holder and even at full draw, the rest's prongs are pointed up and out creating a cradle type effect. Unless you stand on your head to shoot, its difficult to knock it loose.

As stated, the Muzzy Zero Effect is a supurb rest as well for this application.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rangeball

You got the wheels in my head turning (not necessarly a good thing) about that rest. I seems to be fairly interesting. I think I will pick one of those up when I get that new bow.

I have been real hesitant with using/trying a drop away. So now is as good a time as ever. I have all winter spring and summer to play with it, so might as well go for it.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's still on my list. One thing that concerned me was if it would drop fast enough to prevent fletch contact. When I corresponded with the company, they assured me that they were getting perfect fletch clearance up to 330 fps, way more than I'll ever shoot.

I just wish someone would run this thing through the paces and tell us how it does... hint hint
Old 12-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have 'em at the shop. I'm still not convinced. One thing I don't like is it appears that as the arrow comes up and the locking mechanism is disengaged and then you complete the draw, the launcher height goes up a bit higher than what you would have set it for. I'm sure you can compensate by tuning for that.

They are also kinda loud like some of the Trapdoors. Noticeable "click" when you get to full draw.

My dealer friend was really hyping them up awhile back, but I noticed he went w/ a Dalton on his ExVFT, and so did the other employees :shrug:
Old 12-19-2003, 08:26 PM

Check out the new drop-away rest by Vital Bow Gear. I have one on both of my bows and have found it to be a great rest. It will hold your arrow in place, even when upside down. You can see it at www.vitalbowgear.com.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:34 PM

I just wish someone would run this thing through the paces and tell us how it does... hint hint
No prob Range......

Right after my Drop Zone review
Old 12-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used three fall aways. The Trap Door, MZE, and the Trophy Taker.

I don't care for the Trap Door because I am to lazy to cock it on every shot.

I hunted hard with the Zero Effect for two plus years and never had a problem with it even in harsh conditions and terrain.

This year I hunted with the Trophy Taker both in the mountains and the midwest hunting whitetails. It has also turned out to be an excellent rest. I didn't like the TT arrow holding system so I scraped it and after modifying an NAP holder attached it to my shelf. I also cut and sewed a leather "bra" on the prongs of the shakey hunter to silence the draw. Both work exceptionally well.

In my experience with the MZE and the TT if there such a thing as one having an advantage of one over the other it is minimal. Every now and then I would catch my pants with the capture arm of the MZE as I was walking. I know I could turn my bow the other way but I normally carry it with the sight and rest close to my leg. More to protect my sight's pins than anything else (also I realize the arm can be modified). I don't have that problem with the TT.

Quick Reply: What drop away has the best arrow containment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.