Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My Future Liberty and accessories

Old 12-19-2003, 09:39 AM

Default My Future Liberty and accessories

Well guys,

I don't even own a Liberty now, heck, I havn't even put money down yet, but, I am already figuring out my set-up....

Here is what I am thinking.....

04 BowTech Liberty VFT (70# limbs maxed out @ 29.5" draw)

N.A.P. QuickTune 4000 Micro Drop Away Arrow Rest (if it will work on the bow)

Copper John Dead Nuts sight

Fletcher Tru Peep

Tru-Glo Axis 180 quiver

Doinker D2 One Hunter stabilizer in front and Simms Stabilizer Enhancer in the back

28.5" Gold Tip XT Camo Hunter 55/75 arrows

100 Grain 3-Blade Muzzy broadheads...

Warning..... this is likely to change at the drop of a dime, but, it is just a starting point
Old 12-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Future Liberty and accessories

Sounds like a good setup to me. The only I would change is the quiver. I like the Alpine Soft-Locs.

One other thing. I would be very suprised if the NAP 4000 will work on that bow. The cable slide doesn't move much on the bowtech VFT's and it may not pull the prongs up.

I did shoot a Hoyt Cybertec with the 4000 and it worked great, but I'm wondering if it will work on my new Vipertec. I pick it up tonight, so we'll see. Arrow containment on this rest is excellent provided you dont try to stand on your head and shoot

Let me know how the rest works on that bow. I've been thinking about buying a Bowtech to play with this summer and am curious.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:26 AM

Muzzy,

I am worried about the drop-aways on the Liberty. I am hoping that somebody will test to see if the 4000 will fit the Liberty before I buy my accessories!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey buckmagnet did you use a dropaway on you MM? If so any problems?
Old 12-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it were me, and the NAP didn't work on it, I would looking the TR Drop Zone. Extremely tough rest and it goes on the "down" cable. Seems like a nice hookup and very dependable.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think you made a good choice in terms of reliable accessories and look forward to hearing if more rests will fit on the riser. I don't think I will have a problem with the GKF premiers I am using but if someone could throw one on theirs then I would appreciate it.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

You could always convert the NAP 4000 to use the down cable instead of the cable slide correct?

Your setup sounds pretty sound to me...

I just got my used patriot and am outfitting it w/ Spott Hogg HoggIt sight, GKF TKO, Alpine softlock quiver or bowtech 2 piece, and PSE dominator 300 arrows (at least till the new arrows come out)..

Later,
KB
Old 12-19-2003, 02:11 PM

Buck Magnet,
Sounds like a good set-up.
Did you think about the BowTech 2 piece, or do you take off your quiver while hunting?
I was thinking of getting the BT 2 pc quiver when I get my Liberty in a few weeks.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

...this is likely to change at the drop of a dime...
No problem. By the time you've bought all that stuff, you won't have a dime left to drop.[&:]

Sounds like you've got things pretty well in hand with your selection. Only thing I'd change is omitting the fallaway rest and using a micro adjust prong rest (like one of GKF's Premier series rests) instead. I've never been too smitten by the fallaway bug anyhow though.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

You will definitely have to tie in w/ the cable and not to the slide w/ the QT4000 (or any other drop-away for that matter). There just isn't much slide travel, and it can cause some headaches.

Either that or go Arthur's route.

Quick Reply: My Future Liberty and accessories

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.