Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New bowtechs are sweet

Old 12-18-2003, 10:58 PM

Default New bowtechs are sweet

Just at my dealer tonight and had time to shoot a dozen arrows through three new bowtechs.

Liberty 29" 61lbs 351 grain 268fps
Born on sticker 29" 71lbs 350 grain 296fps, very smooth bow

Justice 29" 61lbs 351 grain 256fps
Born on sticker 29" 71lbs 350 grain 286fps, can not believe they make a bow so smooth and vibration free

MMVFT 29" 61lbs 351 grain 275fps
Born on sticker 29" 71lbs 350grain 306fps, can feel it thunk when going off but just as vibration free as the other two bows.

Mathews SQ2
HHA sights
Muzzy Heads
Trophy Taker
Scent Lock
Old 12-18-2003, 11:35 PM

Default RE: New bowtechs are sweet

Just wondring if these bows were 70 pounders and backed down to 61??? That's the way I read it anyway. I'm still waiting to get a chance to see any of the '04 Bowtechs. A dealer I know has some in but it's just such a busy month with the 5 or 6 Christmas celebrations our families has to have each year[:'(]
Old 12-19-2003, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm still waiting to get a chance to see any of the '04 Bowtechs.
Me too my friend. Hopefully over the Christmas break I will get to fondle one or two. Those figures for the MM VFT sure do look sweet. I cannot wait to see what it will do with my specs.
Old 12-19-2003, 05:56 AM

Yes all bows have 70lbs limbs. You guys will fall in love when you shoot these bows, hard to decide what one to buy.Do you buy for speed of overall smoothness. I have a 26.5" draw so thats my delema.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have to admit, if I had a 26.5 inch draw length then I would be buying for speed...plus, even their stiffer drawing cams are still not as bad as some that I have laid my hands on. The Infinity cam is smoother this year than in past years as is their dual cams. I say go with one of their faster bows.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:56 AM

That is a tough call.

I would go back and see if you could get your hands on a Liberty with a high poundage. What amazed me is how you can pull more weight with the Freedom cam than with the I-cam, and you won't notice the difference.

What is your typical draw weight? If it is around 60#, then I would say that you try a 70# Liberty maxed out. It will not have the high IBO speed, but, when you consider that the faster bows (I-Cams) will have to be lowered from the IBO poundage, then, having the F-Cam maxed out will equal it out, or atleast be close.

Try that out, if you don't see the results you want, then, pick out the best shooting I-Cam bow that you test, and get that baby out in the woods
Old 12-19-2003, 08:03 AM

[:-][&:]
Frank said fondle.....

....good stuff!

.....great equipment!

-Chief
Old 12-19-2003, 04:21 PM

My SQ2 i shoot 58lbs at 245fps with cxl250 carbon express not sure of the exact grains. I use to shhot 72lbs, but giving my shoulder a rest.Plus in the cold winter months of wisconsin hunting 72lbs is to much but when your bundled up and cold another story.Enough of that.

Shot the new patriot vft 29" draw 71lbs 351 grain 312fps, the balance of the new patriot to the old is much better.Another one to think about.

Mathews SQ2
HHA Sights
Muzzy Heads
Old 12-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chad I think you are a prime candidate for a 60 pound Black Knight with your draw length. Plenty of speed, and the draw is roughly the same as an Infinity cam for overall effort. Either that or the Extreme VFT.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:15 PM

Went to my dealer today again and was able to setup a Patriot vft in my draw length.
27" draw 71lbs 338 grain 287fps
Thats 4.74 per inch alittle on the light side but was very quite and vibration free and still a smooth pull at 71lbs. Ajusted weight to 64lbs and still got 274fps. Can't wait until there Extreme VFT comes in, if its as smooth,balanced and vibration free as the Patriot that will be my choice.

Quick Reply: New bowtechs are sweet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.