Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is this a good bow?

Old 12-18-2003, 04:58 PM

Default Is this a good bow?

Is a PSE stingray a good bow? Its about 3 years old. About how much are they new? There is a guy that wants to sell me one for $250. can you tell me ant detills about it?
Old 12-18-2003, 05:06 PM

Default RE: Is this a good bow?

i don't no about that bow.but just for a few more bucks you can get a new bow....

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I say its a little to pricey. I would say more like the $150-$175 range for the bow. JMO.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:07 PM

Its has sights and everything with it
Old 12-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Well that could mean alot of different things... IE it could be "sights and everything" from walmart that costs a total of $35... or it could be "sights and everything" that's quality and maybe $150+...

Personally I still think that's a bit high.. check out Ebay and the Archerytalk.com trader to compare prices and maybe find a better deal.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:40 AM

I just wanted to add that a good late-model used bow (with a new custom string), is a far better choice then a new cheap bow. Very few people shoot a bow enough to cause any significant wear on the components. Those high end used bows drop in resale value much faster then what they should, and can be real bargins. Some people get a new bow every year or two. The one they get rid of, often isn't even "broken-in". The only thing you lose is the warranty and most high bows will never give you cause to need it. On the other hand, a cheap new bow, is more likey to break or wear quicker.