Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dealer dropped bowtech.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Spike

Default Dealer dropped bowtech.

One of the biggest archery shops in ND took on the bowtech line two years ago. They said they sold a few right away. They have quit handling them. They don't sell. They have one 2003 left that sold for $600. marked down to 380.00. New.
They sell the most of Mathews. About 100 a year. Hoyt is next. They also sell PSE, AR, Browning and others. I shoot a Mathews LX and love it. Have shot Mathews for many years and never had a problem. Every time I buy a new bow, I always shoot the higher quality bows. I always end up with another Mathews.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Hey, guess what? I shoot a Mathews too! And I've got one thing to say about your post...

Mods, can we get this drivel deleted? And ban the IP address as well when you do it?

Wanna come in and register for our forums just to spew garbage (which sounds very made up), probably just because you heard there's some die-hard Bowtech guys in here? Well, there's some Mathews supporters, as well as Hoyt, Martin, Merlin, PSE, and all the rest, but most of us are a little more mature than that.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:39 PM

What is the name of the archery shop???
Old 12-17-2003, 11:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

A local shop here was pretty big in BowTech a couple of years ago. They don't have a single one on the racks any more. I got the impression the factory has gone way overboard on their minimum order rules.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

MQ1Shooter,

I was going to not comment on this thread but since you brought up the issue of moderators acting on this post. Not to be argumentative but....

..the individual in question is totally within his rights to share any factual information that he may have encountered. I don't find it even improbable that such a situation occurred as I am sure there are a variety of factors that could contribute to this possible turn of events.

Regardless of the manufacturer, scenarios such as this can and do happen on a regular basis for whatever reason. The key to it is knowing what the reason is. I did not see one listed.

On the other hand, if this post was intended to generate animosity, and I have no reason to believe that it was, then we can always sort things out through the users IP address.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:29 AM

I can see this happening easily. Shops have a tendency to push a certain brand, consequently they tend to sell more of that brand. In addition, too many bow lines, cause sales to be spread out to the point where meeting minimums is more difficult. Quantity discounts can only be taken advantage of, if you sell more of a particular brand. A dealer will commonly drop a bow line for one of these reasons, none of them having to do with the quality of the bow. Nobody wants inventory to sit around too long and every shop wants to take advantage of quantity discounts.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:33 AM

AurthurP,
Seeing that you are in Lake Dallas, I know which proshop you are talking about. I am in Flower Mound and noticed Troy doesn't carry Bowtechs anymore. When I asked them why, no one seems to have a straight answer?????? I guess I'll have to go to Red Sands in Arlington to check them out!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Frank, maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind when I wrote what I did last night before going to bed; it just hit me very wrong that a brand new person would come in here and appear to be bashing one particular brand of bows just for bashing's sake. I mean, what good does that post do? Sure, that sort of thing happens, but it seemed very childish indeed to proclaim, "Mathews is selling better than Bowtech at our local shop!" Who cares? And I think Mathews makes a good product, but then, so does Bowtech, Hoyt, Martin, Parker, PSE...

I'll reserve my support for this guy until I see some constructive, erudite postings henceforth.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

MQ1, I doubt you'll see any other posts of much merit by this guy. He put the exact same thing on archerytalk. Probably one of the many product bashers with multiple screen names. Screen names numbers totaling more than his IQ.
It's one thing to post info re: a product. But using it as an angle to promote an agenda is what makes this post smell, and any others like it.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:35 AM

Well, I'm not sure what the point of lefse's post was, but I can tell you that it is factually correct. Scheel's in Fargo is probably ND's largest archery dealer, and after picking up Bowtech a couple of years ago, they dropped them starting this year, saying they couldn't sell them, which was true. Everytime I was in there, they always had the same bows on the rack. Not sure why that was. I do know they sell a lot of Mathews there. Maybe they get bigger margin on them or something, dunno. No one is a bigger BT fan than me, and I bought a few of them from them. Now I have to pursue other means to get my Bowtech fix.

Rod

Quick Reply: Dealer dropped bowtech.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.