Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dealer dropped bowtech.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dealer dropped bowtech.

I think that our govrnment is somehow tied into the bow industry. There is too much backstabbing , moneygrabbing and false statements being made for it not to be. Maybe the next election I will vote for them all. Just like I will for the bow companies. As long as the elk keep dropping and my belly stays full, I dont care whose name is on it. I haven't shot one bow yet that stayed a virgin very long. ..........Bulls, Bugles, Boggs and Black Timber!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Elkcrazy8,

The product was as good as any other and I had my mind made up to buy one until I heard this. I was worried about future warranty isuues.
I am sad to hear that you let this influence your decision. Had this situation been occuring at this time I would have told you that should you have any problems with the bow or its components and Bowtech was suddently "out of business" then I would personally pay for any repairs to the bow. In all honesty, that is how much I respect the company for doing what they have in the last few years.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

PABwhntr, I will definately look at the bowtech on my next purchase. I found when looking at all of the bows there were two that definatly stood out for me and my shooting style. The first was a bowtech and then there was the one that I ended up with, The mathews LX. My older bow was a Mathews Z-light and when I got that I had to learn to shoot all over again. At the time it seemed like all of the Mathews bows had a very short brace height and of course I fell into the trap of all of my buddies getting one so I had to get one. After gaining more experience I found that Mathews has very few bows that fit my criteria. The LX is shootable for me for the fact that the string dampening system helps keep the string from slamming foward and hitting my wrist. It shoots like a longer brace heighth bow but gives me good speed. I was able to get a 423 grain 29in. arrow to fly at 279fps. Good for shooting in the HC class and also for hunting. I was able to get a two bladed cut on inpact broadhead to group very well. I really dont care who's name is on the bow, as long as it fits the bill........